Bits-are-bits-brigade and why they are wrong

maxflinn

Re: Bits-are-bits-brigade and why they are wrong

Post by maxflinn »

jkeny wrote:
maxflinn wrote:
mick wrote:If I hear a difference in audio pc components instead of telling me I cant because science says so,
science should try to find an explanation as to why I hear the difference.
Is that not the purpose of science
Exactly, but explanations are extremely rare, what's more likely is you'll be told you're either a troublemaker, troll, closed minded, etc etc if you ask somebody who purports to be an authority for the answer.

I've asked some questions earlier today and these are the kind of answers I got.

Go figure.
You've asked the same questions & been answered correctly on other sites.
Don't come here & pretend to be all innocent & hard done by - "a poor inquisitive soul looking for answers & being picked on" - we know your form, Maxflinn - you are a troll.
Am I? Not on the AVI Forum I'm not, because there aren't a bunch of traders and their disciples on there ready to brand me as such for being honest about a subject that has been manipulated and made unnecessarily confusing in order to create a market for products designed to solve non-existent problems.

You may be able to label me on here and get the backing to do so, but not everywhere, and slowly but surely the truth about all the exploitation of computer audio is being revealed - and you know it!
cybot

Post by cybot »

Troll removed. My decision. Apologies.
Last edited by cybot on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

maxflinn wrote: I've asked some questions earlier today and these are the kind of answers I got.

Go figure.
the answers you got show many of us believe the notion that "bits is bits" does not hold true in audio and video. What else is there to figure?

"slowly but surely the truth about all the exploitation of computer audio is being revealed" not by you it isn't... I've been hearing those clichés for over a decade now. Simultaneously I've been hearing improvements in computer audio. You've been drowned out by reality.

If you just came here to make accusations that the forum is "a bunch of traders and their disciples" you're not only wasting your time but everyone else's. If you have something new and constructive to add we're all ears.. really. But if it's just pointless sniping... well you've already had a few warning shots.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
maxflinn

Post by maxflinn »

Ivor wrote:
maxflinn wrote: I've asked some questions earlier today and these are the kind of answers I got.

Go figure.
the answers you got show many of us believe the notion that "bits is bits" does not hold true in audio and video. What else is there to figure?

"slowly but surely the truth about all the exploitation of computer audio is being revealed" not by you it isn't... I've been hearing those clichés for over a decade now. Simultaneously I've been hearing improvements in computer audio. You've been drowned out by reality.

If you just came here to make accusations that the forum is "a bunch of traders and their disciples" you're not only wasting your time but everyone else's. If you have something new and constructive to add we're all ears.. really. But if it's just pointless sniping... well you've already had a few warning shots.
Sorry I'm not saying that this forum is, just that such tribes as I've described do frequent other fora and are quite capable of branding somebody a troll when that person asks the wrong (or right, depending where you sit) questions.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

I had a look at your posts on AVI forum

I see you sig states your configuration as
MacBook Pro - KURO - ADM9T's.
Is the Kuro a TV?
Is this what you use to listen to audio?

Maybe you can give us some of your listening experiences/equipment used that have formed your strongly held opinions about digital audio/computer audio?

Edit: I see you have started a thread on PFM asking something similar "What type of computer do you use for audio purposes?"
Last edited by jkeny on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

maxflinn wrote:...other fora and are quite capable of branding somebody a troll when that person asks the wrong (or right, depending where you sit) questions.
If you lurk for a few years and then your first posts are unsubstantiated contradictions of what has just been posted then you can expect to be called a troll. the floor is yours... Show me something new that will convince me that my ears don't work. BTW I haven't spend a cent on computer audio so let's just assume I'm nobody's disciple.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
maxflinn

Post by maxflinn »

I thought I had just posted a long reply but it seems not.

I'll check back later. Any chance somebody could resize that troll image.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

maxflinn wrote:I thought I had just posted a long reply but it seems not.

I'll check back later. Any chance somebody could resize that troll image.
:)

Maybe you can tell us what else you use to listen to audio besides your stated config from 2013
"I've got two TV boxes and a blu-ray player connected to the KURO, and I have the optical out of the TV running to the ADMs."
"And ADMs are very good active speakers, designed with the consumer in mind, no upgrade path, no expensive add ons needed. Everything's there, the highest quality drivers, preamp, DAC, remote, all for half of what PMC charge."
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

maxflinn wrote:I'll check back later. Any chance somebody could resize that troll image.
Done.

Just saying guys - this thread has been very civilised so far. Lets keep it that way. We've had a few posts on either side of the argument that indeed have been worth reading. If this descends into making the same argument again and again it'll be closed and locked. I've seen so many threads start like this and then go bad - its pretty much inevitable.

Rude posts, name calling, circular arguments, trolling etc will mean a ban. No post so far has crossed this line IMHO, but some are not far off. Please think before you post and please don't make me ban a member here.

Fran

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Peter Stockwell

Post by Peter Stockwell »

Having got this far, it's interesting the contrast the responses on this thread with those on pie fight mania.

Well done lads, me grandma would never believe it!
Cubox-i2/Volumio/Meridan G68ADV/2 x Amptastic mini-1/Custom Hifi Cables DC3 psu/Audium Comp 5