Build a dedicated Audio PC

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: Build a dedicated Audio PC

Post by tony »

nige2000 wrote:shipping nearly doubles the price of two lifepo4 7ah 12v unfortunately

meicord opal damn it 100 euro for a cable that doesn't even have cat 7 written on it

batteries on pico and cpu are a good upgrade well worth 40 euro

im not saying two operating systems on one anker might be bad, it likely is an improvement, i just think suppling them separately would be a worthwhile test.

No time now but that is the intention Ken will try out his anker on my system to give the 2 x ankers for free test.
Exam results and work calls
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

tony wrote: Exam results and work calls
Hope you finally get that Junior Cert you've worked so hard for, Tony.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

im sure you'll pass it this time :)
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:
tony wrote: Exam results and work calls
Hope you finally get that Junior Cert you've worked so hard for, Tony.

Myself and Tony will be knacker drinking in Belgrave Square later if anyone wants to join us... Tony's getting the cheese & crackers in Sheridans later and I have a nice 2009 St Émilion Grand Cru already decanted...
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote: No time now but that is the intention Ken will try out his anker on my system to give the 2 x ankers for free test.
Exam results and work calls
I'll be bringing along an Big Anker too (19V output) so plenty to play with.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Ivor wrote: Myself and Tony will be knacker drinking in Belgrave Square later if anyone wants to join us... Tony's getting the cheese & crackers in Sheridans later and I have a nice 2009 St Émilion Grand Cru already decanted...
I couldn't hack that cheap plonk - can I bring along some flagons of cider?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Post by tony »

thanks a million guys it was hard work but finally on the 30th repeat I got through.
See you all in belgrave tonight I got tesco brand cream crackers to go with Ivor's plonk.
It is only great. Don't tell me ma as I am not allowed out late during the school week.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tony

Post by tony »

Ivor wrote:here ye go... http://www.raspyfi.com/
That's not complicated or costly enough for this thread.
tony

Post by tony »

Ok like a woman I can change my mind at anytime for no reason at all.

Checked with europower and they have the yuasa batteries at €16+vat. They deliver for €8 next day.
At that price level I am going to go ahead and get them. They don't currently stop the lifepo4 except for larger applications.

That is it Nigel I don't care what your experiments turn up no more purchases for me this year!!
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:Ok like a woman I can change my mind at anytime for no reason at all.

Checked with europower and they have the yuasa batteries at €16+vat. They deliver for €8 next day.
At that price level I am going to go ahead and get them. They don't currently stop the lifepo4 except for larger applications.

That is it Nigel I don't care what your experiments turn up no more purchases for me this year!!
knew that was coming
surprised you held up so long

denial is not just a river in Egypt
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's