Build a dedicated Audio PC

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: Build a dedicated Audio PC

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:http://linitx.com/product/5v-power-inje ... 493g/12849

Nigel are you just made redundant as our resident usb cable builder by this link?
Must check the rest of store out as it looks good
more like made redundant because of poor service.
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

nige2000 wrote:

Nigel are you just made redundant as our resident usb cable builder by this link?
No your just using the same postal service as my meicord cable is on. It is a long circuitous journey I just need to keep the faith and it will arrive some month shortly
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:
nige2000 wrote:

No your just using the same postal service as my meicord cable is on. It is a long circuitous journey I just need to keep the faith and it will arrive some month shortly
ah a bit like ordering stuff from hong kong it takes that long to get here you've forgotten what you've ordered it for

have you given in on the 7 ah 12v sla batteries yet
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

No I was just about to order then that satan just popped up and advertised the 63's.
Don't worry I will be getting the batteries just will forget to buy orange juice for the kids for a week that should cover the cost.

I am really enjoying the anker on the usb stick. 4/4 on core server sounds really nice to my ears. Just the right blend of richness and detail. Now of course I am sure if you bring up your half build collection of odds and ends I will be left scratching my head wondering where I went wrong.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:No I was just about to order then that satan just popped up and advertised the 63's.
Don't worry I will be getting the batteries just will forget to buy orange juice for the kids for a week that should cover the cost.

I am really enjoying the anker on the usb stick. 4/4 on core server sounds really nice to my ears. Just the right blend of richness and detail. Now of course I am sure if you bring up your half build collection of odds and ends I will be left scratching my head wondering where I went wrong.
63's oh dear

if you were getting something from red wine audio yould have to sell one of the kids
your orange juice allowance might just have to suffer

in jest of course!! ;)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

nige2000 wrote:
tony wrote:No I was just about to order then that satan just popped up and advertised the 63's.

63's oh dear

if you were getting something from red wine audio yould have to sell one of the kids
your orange juice allowance might just have to suffer

in jest of course!! ;)
Tony,
if you suspect your wine purchases might be affected then I have to advise against the 63s. As a friend of course.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

not the drinkable sort
this stuff
http://redwineaudio.com/components/black_lightning
€200 could make the workings of it easy enough
were definitely in the wrong job
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

nige2000 wrote:not the drinkable sort

Sorry, I panicked.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Ivor wrote:
nige2000 wrote:not the drinkable sort
Thats what friends are for! Don't worry though a quick clout of the frying pan woke me from my dream and I will need to get some more wine to dull the pain in my head

Sorry, I panicked.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

besides, its dubhs you need, not quads!

savage deal on them though, gotta say!! I think I'd have enough dustcover material here if someone buys them to do the missing cover.

I'm listening to LPs tonight! don't send out a lynch mob!
Do or do not, there is no try