Organ recital on Sunday 1st Sep: David Adams

Diapason

Organ recital on Sunday 1st Sep: David Adams

Post by Diapason »

I'm just back from a practice session with David Adams at St Michael's in advance of his recital this Sunday. It's going to be amazing, and an unbelievable virtuoso effort. I'm one of the registrants/page turners for some of the pieces and honestly it requires all my concentration to keep up with what's going on on the page. There's a huge variety of music in the programme including the premiere of a new work by David's son, Sebastian, who is making quite a name for himself as a composer at the moment. Also on the menu are some Bulgarian Dances by Fergus Johnston, an arrangement of a Piazzola tango by Andrew Johnstone, and Gerald Barry's utterly formidable "The Chair". Of course there's some Bach too and more besides.

For anyone who might consider the organ a slightly dull and inflexible instrument, this is the recital to change your mind. More info here: http://www.dunlaoghaireorganconcerts.ie/node/20.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
fergus

Re: Organ recital on Sunday 1st Sep: David Adams

Post by fergus »

Cheers for that Simon; however I am unsure at the moment whether or not I can attend. If I do I will let you know how I get on.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

Simon, I will not be able to attend, I hope it goes well and that David Adams plays to a full house.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Not to worry, gentlemen. It certainly isn't your last chance to hear David Adams play, but this recital in particular has captured my imagination. It's an amazing programme.

In other news I'm starting lessons again this year, so I may be able to shamelessly advertise more of my own gigs soon.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
fergus

Post by fergus »

Diapason wrote: In other news I'm starting lessons again this year, so I may be able to shamelessly advertise more of my own gigs soon.

Good for you and look forward to hearing future virtuo performances!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

Diapason wrote:Not to worry, gentlemen. It certainly isn't your last chance to hear David Adams play, but this recital in particular has captured my imagination. It's an amazing programme.

In other news I'm starting lessons again this year, so I may be able to shamelessly advertise more of my own gigs soon.
Please do.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler