A new isolation product - E_sorb

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Gerry D

Re: A new isolation product - E_sorb

Post by Gerry D »

Lovely job Conor. Really.

I picked up a Lenco myself recently. In original state [arm and all] and straight off I love the thing.
A different experience from the springy Thorens belt drives that I'm used to alright.

Ivor's right about the E_Sorbs bedding in.
Imagining the weight of your TT I would think 1 to 2 weeks should do it.
As the compound is constrained it doesn't take too long.

I hope that you would notice some cleaning up of bass as the process goes along.

Enjoy the vinyl.
Gerry
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
Eist Audio

Post by Eist Audio »

Just to update the thread - we announced the winner of our promotion on facebook tonight - and first out of the hat was our own jaybee!!

Will shoot you a pm jaybee!

Fran
fergus

Post by fergus »

Congratulations Johnny! Stick them under your TT for marvelous results.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

Well done JB :)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Now I'm not sayin' it was a fix but... (just a chance to play this gem)

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
ConorW

Post by ConorW »

quick question re E-sorbs.
Is there an optimum orientation of the feet? Should the larger surface area side be in contact with the TT or the table it rests on.
Does it matter?
Lenco L75 Self build, Roksan Nima tonearm, Benz MicroGlider SL, AudioResearch PH7 phono, Luxman SQ-38U Integrated (or a Wavac MD300b),
BlueSound Node 2i, Auralic Vega, AudioNote AN/E Speakers.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

ConorW wrote:quick question re E-sorbs.
Is there an optimum orientation of the feet? Should the larger surface area side be in contact with the TT or the table it rests on.
Does it matter?

the larger area is the base, far more stable. If you see the pics on the website they're all "pointing" the right way.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Maciej

Post by Maciej »

Ivor wrote:Now I'm not sayin' it was a fix but... (just a chance to play this gem)

Thanks for the inspiration Ivor. I completely forgot about this album, now dusted off and loaded to the cd drawer!
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Not a fix - Fiona (my daughter) was asked to pick from the list of those who had liked. Well, she did pull my brother first, but I wasn't going to send them to him!! Jaybee was next out of the hat!

I'll be switching child for the next offer, so no point in bribing the same one again!!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:Not a fix - Fiona (my daughter) was asked to pick from the list of those who had liked. Well, she did pull my brother first, but I wasn't going to send them to him!! Jaybee was next out of the hat!

I'll be switching child for the next offer, so no point in bribing the same one again!!

Fran
LOL (and I don't oten type that)