Build a dedicated Audio PC

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Derek

Re: Build a dedicated Audio PC

Post by Derek »

I think you may have found the problem OK
I’ll have a hammer handy for next time.
Keep the Faith
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Is the hammer for me or the equipment?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Derek

Post by Derek »

NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Heh!!

FWIW, I had heard the core server build just a week or so before and it was stunning. Miles better than my W8 zuma build and certainly well ahead of CDP.

Just one of those sh!&&y cases where of something can go wrong, it will.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
tony

Post by tony »

see post on play forum from kyrill.now the sleeping with energisers is a level beyond I would be prepared to put in print the advice is sound and well grounded. the image of Ivor or myself sleeping with e sorbs and then reporting it improved the sq would possibly be commercial armageddom for eist audio. I think Fran might pay to avoid that type of endorsement.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote: the image of Ivor or myself sleeping with e sorbs and then reporting it improved the sq would possibly be commercial armageddom for eist audio.
I have tried 4 E Sorbs under the legs of my bed and had the best nights sleep in years! My snoring had rich plummy bass notes, was sibilance free and possessed a wonderfully wide and realistic soundstage. Next weekend I will be trying a Townshend seismic sink under my pillow.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Ivor wrote:
tony wrote: the image of Ivor or myself sleeping with e sorbs and then reporting it improved the sq would possibly be commercial armageddom for eist audio.
I have tried 4 E Sorbs under the legs of my bed and had the best nights sleep in years! My snoring had rich plummy bass notes, was sibilance free and possessed a wonderfully wide and realistic soundstage. Next weekend I will be trying a Townshend seismic sink under my pillow.
How are they affecting your performance?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

nige2000 wrote:
Ivor wrote:
How are they affecting your performance?

Considerably less vibration.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

If anyones still interested in my Antics

Right I got a couple of hours for messing around and I had got two 5 amp power supplies over the weekend so I could retire the trilinear supply and hopefully finish and tidy up my asus build and leave it all sort of fool proof

As it happened I opened a can of worms
As substituting in the 5 amp supplies actually lowered sq!!!
So it was obvious to me that there was more to power supplies than just putting a adequate capacity supply ino the system and away you go.

So I thought if the 5 amps make sq worse could I find anything that would make it better

I have a damn fine mess going on there's parts everywhere

I have tried all sorts of combinations and ATM

SQ favours the
7 amp linear to pico psu
One line of the trilinear to CPU
One 5 amp linear via voltage regulator to USB (which for some reason works better than a line on the trilinear, go figure)

All this raised a substantial lift in sq

I've got a few things left in the pipeline but we will see as
Not everything goes according to plan

Anyone else working on sq improvement still?

Nige
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

I know that feeling, Nige - I have had a number of the same experiences at demos on my knees disconnecting/reconnecting wires, rebooting PCs, with sweat running down my brow while others hid behind the nearest couch fearing an immanent explosion :)

It's tough being a pioneer :)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.