Build a dedicated Audio PC

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: Build a dedicated Audio PC

Post by nige2000 »

Ken Moreland wrote:Yes, the sound of the Core Server stick is a major leap even from the WTG stick with Cad's script. The bass is meatier but not bloated, vocals are more distinct and the top notes are sweet. A real improvement and I was surprised that it worked first time without any ipconfigging etc. Thanks Tony :).
KM
definitely the new standard in os and script
amazed you didn't have to change any of the ip settings
nice to get a bit of luck now and again
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

Pearse you are having problems with your latest instal on a usb is it a kingston or sandisk?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

http://agnipulse.com/2012/11/windows-to ... ndows-7-8/

jk posted this link a while back and it can be used for both kingston wtg drives and the sandisk which requires a virtual hard drive to be installed
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Great to see progress on the Core Server stuff
Hope to be able to try this next week or so
I probably should get myself another Sandisk USB stick or is dual boot an option on a USB stick with both Win 8 & Core Server?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:Great to see progress on the Core Server stuff
Hope to be able to try this next week or so
I probably should get myself another Sandisk USB stick or is dual boot an option on a USB stick with both Win 8 & Core Server?
Probably best to have two usb3 sticks as dual boots can be a pain in the ass
No reason why you couldn't dual boot though
I just couldn't. Be bothered dual booting especially with all the messing about
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Thanks Nige
Yes, you're probably right - I'll get another Sandisk so
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

tony wrote:Pearse you are having problems with your latest instal on a usb is it a kingston or sandisk?
Hi Tony, no problems with creating the wintogo core server on usb sticks but when I load them on my laptop I can boot up core server OK and set everything up but JPLay Settings window will not open up.
I think it is some issue with a driver or something, seeing as server is built for PCs it may not have everything needed for some laptops.

I tried booting into core server GUI on another disk but it starts looking for some driver which it can not find for my laptop!!

Has anyone been running core server on a laptop yet?
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I heard a quick blast of Nigels core server build this evening.... Well suffice to say I'll be going down this route.... Really stunning sounds.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Fran,I had the pleasure of hearing it in the afternoon with your speakers too!The Core Server is superb and Nige's separate power supplies for CPU and USB bring the sound up another notch. The speakers are very nice too and very professional looking with good finish and named and labelled.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
tony

Post by tony »

Fran wrote:I heard a quick blast of Nigels core server build this evening.... Well suffice to say I'll be going down this route.... Really stunning sounds.

Fran
Ah Fran you got to hear it. Sound is magical isn't it.Hard to believe the improvements. The whole package really delivers.
We slowly but surely moved the set up back as far as the spec of my zuma and even when equal the asus build seems to give a little more. I reckoned you would be on to the separate power supplies straightaway. A big lift for small outlay.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.