Croft acoustics Micro 25 preamplifier and Series 7 power amp

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Maciej

Croft acoustics Micro 25 preamplifier and Series 7 power amp

Post by Maciej »

Croft acoustics Micro 25 preamplifier and Series 7 power amplifier in excellent condition.

New glossy plexiglass panels and aluminium solid feet were fitted, but I have the original panels as well.
Micro 25 preamplifier is a full tube design and uses three 12AX7 (ECC 83) tubes, one for the linestage and two for the phono stage. The series 7 power amplifier is a hybrid design, again using the 12AX7 for the input stage with a Mosfet output stage, producing 45 watts per channel.

Looking for 900 Euros for the set but I am open for sensible offers.

Thanks
cybot

Re: Croft acoustics Micro 25 preamplifier and Series 7 power

Post by cybot »

Whoever gets this is in for a treat! Best of luck with the sale Maciej.....By the way you should put some pics up or at least a link to them.
Maciej

Post by Maciej »

cybot wrote:Whoever gets this is in for a treat! Best of luck with the sale Maciej.....By the way you should put some pics up or at least a link to them.
Thanks Cybot,

I heard about a man on this forum mad about Croft gear……..I guess it must be You!

I was happily living with this set for last 2 years. Now as I bought Epoch which I would consider better I decided to sell pre 25 and I think as the front panels were change preamp look great with my series 7 power amp sold together. I can always buy series 7 little bit later, but for now I try to use Epoch with pair of NVA monoblocks.

I tried to download some pictures (reduced the size to what Fran is recommending) but I was not successful. I’ll probably attach some link to the photos, but as you know Croft is not much to look at…

Regards
Maciej
cybot

Post by cybot »

Maciej wrote:
cybot wrote:Whoever gets this is in for a treat! Best of luck with the sale Maciej.....By the way you should put some pics up or at least a link to them.
Thanks Cybot,

I heard about a man on this forum mad about Croft gear……..I guess it must be You!

I was happily living with this set for last 2 years. Now as I bought Epoch which I would consider better I decided to sell pre 25 and I think as the front panels were change preamp look great with my series 7 power amp sold together. I can always buy series 7 little bit later, but for now I try to use Epoch with pair of NVA monoblocks.

I tried to download some pictures (reduced the size to what Fran is recommending) but I was not successful. I’ll probably attach some link to the photos, but as you know Croft is not much to look at…

Regards
Maciej
Hi Maciej,

I had an Epoch for years (the chrome one!) and loved it. I used it mainly with the massively heavy Series 6 (4 PL509 valves). For some obscure reason I decided to go small and svelte (and with less valves to worry about!). So I bought into the new half body transvalve range (Micronaut/Polestar) which completely blew me away! Then Glenn went AWOL for a year or two due to company problems (caused by his partner, I hasten to add!). When he eventually returned his very first new products were the pair you have for sale! So I exchanged the Epoch/Series 7 for them (Cloney Audio) which I still don't regret doing almost five years later. Anyway here's a link to an honest review (and some photos!) from Absolute Sounds......

Best,

Dermot

http://www.avguide.com/review/croft-aco ... er-tas-213 - Review
Maciej

Post by Maciej »

It’s nice story.

Then my friend bought around same time from Cloney Epoch and 7 series amp. They had to belong to you in the past I guess……
At the day he bought the amps we were actually testing some speakers that were driven by Crofts. I came back home empty handed but we were blown away by the Epoch/series 7 set so he bought it.

2 months later I bought new pre25/ser. 7. (so perhaps I was living with crofts bit longer than 2 years??, time goes so fast I did not realize it’s been longer) Now as Epoch seems to be better sounding to me than pre 25 (perhaps matter of valves choice) I bought it from him …I hope it makes some sense, bit loop.

I’ve never heard about Micronaut/Polestar, they look great!

Regards
Maciej
cybot

Post by cybot »

Maciej wrote:It’s nice story.

Then my friend bought around same time from Cloney Epoch and 7 series amp. They had to belong to you in the past I guess……
At the day he bought the amps we were actually testing some speakers that were driven by Crofts. I came back home empty handed but we were blown away by the Epoch/series 7 set so he bought it.

2 months later I bought new pre25/ser. 7. (so perhaps I was living with crofts bit longer than 2 years??, time goes so fast I did not realize it’s been longer) Now as Epoch seems to be better sounding to me than pre 25 (perhaps matter of valves choice) I bought it from him …I hope it makes some sense, bit loop.

I’ve never heard about Micronaut/Polestar, they look great!

Regards
Maciej
Nice story too :) BTW my Epoch was paired with the 110 W/Triode/Pentode Series 6 not 7. And don't worry you do make sense :) Also the reason you probably prefer the Epoch is because it's a bloody terrific pre and also I upgraded the caps to a paper in oil type. So now you know :)

Best,

Dermot
tweber

Post by tweber »

Maciej, you have a PM.
anuenlil

Post by anuenlil »

This is not still for sale by any chance?
Cheers,
Steven
Maciej

Post by Maciej »

anuenlil wrote:This is not still for sale by any chance?
Cheers,
Steven
Hi, it’s long time gone now I am afraid.
Regards
Maciej