2nd Tir Na Hifi Meet Up @ The Listening Suite

Steve

Re: 2nd Tir Na Hifi Meet Up @ The Listening Suite

Post by Steve »

So all those stories I heard were just blasphemous rumours???
Chord Electronics DAVE - Aesthetix Calypso - Pass Labs XA100.8 - Wilson Audio Alexia - Nordost Quattro Fil/SPM
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Steve wrote:So all those stories I heard were just blasphemous rumours???
perhaps not all....
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
ckspeakers

Post by ckspeakers »

Would love to attend if there is still standing space............. in the sweet spot of course!
TLS

Post by TLS »

Hi Guys,

Only three places left for Wednesday, email us as soon as you can to book you seat.

Sorry no priority booking for the sweet spot available :)

Best regards,

David Browne, Jonathan Ford

The Listening Suite
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Another entertaining and informative night in front of the Avantgardes! Thanks once again to Jonathan and David for their hospitality and humour. Really enjoyed it.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
fergus

Post by fergus »

A big thank you once again to both Jonathan and David for their hospitality and for making that very amenable listening room available. The chat was equally as interesting and as stimulating as the music. A most enjoyable evening. Anyone who has not heard the Avantgarde speakers really needs to do so; I think that they are something special!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Claus

Post by Claus »

Great to hear the Avantgardes again and big thanks to Dave and Jonathan for their time and hospitality! And thanks to our classical experts I have a few new additions to my Amazon basket!
fergus

Post by fergus »

Claus wrote:Great to hear the Avantgardes again and big thanks to Dave and Jonathan for their time and hospitality! And thanks to our classical experts I have a few new additions to my Amazon basket!

All harpsichord music no doubt!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Thanks to David and Jonathan for having us!

My contributions to the music played were

Patricia Petibon's "Rosso", from which we heard two Händel arias, "Neghittosi, Or Voi Che Fate" from Ariodante and ''Lascia Ch'io Pianga'' from Rinaldo as well as "Morte Amara" from Lucio Papirio by Porpora, and

the first movement of Prokofiev's 3rd Piano Concerto with Alexander Toradze and the Kirov Orchestra conducted by Valery Gergiev.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Excellent music there Ciaran particularly the voice of Patricia Petibon, will be looking out for that one.
A very full night again with lots of interesting chat and stories about the music business again and particularly the Munich Show.

Sounds like we could be queueing up to hear the Avantgarde Zero1s when they arrive in The Listening Suite!

Simons CD which also sounded wonderfull below:
Attachments
Monteverdi small.jpg
Monteverdi small.jpg (25.22 KiB) Viewed 629 times