Food for thought - vinyl reissues....

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Derek

Re: Food for thought - vinyl reissues....

Post by Derek »

That's right but "War of the Worlds" wasn't until 1978
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:.....I use lukewarm water too and then wash off the suds under a mains cold tap (look away now!).I then leave to dry in the delph tray for a little while or if I'm impatient I just,very carefully, use the hair dryer.....
LOL....your vinyl collection seems to have survived intact over the years despite your best efforts Dermot!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

Derek wrote:
cybot wrote:....So if I were you I'd try it on a record you don't really care about, a David Essex Lp perhaps :-)) and take it from there....
See Dermot I do read it all, you’re just maligning the great man because I can’t pronounce the colourful artists you post.
Hold on, is it’s me you’re pockin’ at, OH, OK that’s alright then, so long as it’s not the wonderful Mr David Essex.
You have to get a listen to an original LP 1973 of “Rock On”, ask anyone I’ve terrorised during a listening session at mine.

Where would you get a line up to include;

Drums - Barry DeSouza
Percussion - Ray Cooper
Bass - Herbie Flowers
Guitars - Jo Partridge
Keyboards -Jeff Wayne

And on his eponymous LP (1974) he added the very great - Chris Spedding

Keep her goin' Dermo

Sorry if I'd hurt your feelings Derek! I genuinely thought you were messing and now I find you weren't. Oh dear, what can I say!!! Can I 'Rock On' anyway ? :-)
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:.....I use lukewarm water too and then wash off the suds under a mains cold tap (look away now!).I then leave to dry in the delph tray for a little while or if I'm impatient I just,very carefully, use the hair dryer.....
LOL....your vinyl collection seems to have survived intact over the years despite your best efforts Dermot!!!
LOL..... Now I know why the needle's always jumpin' outta da groove :-)
Last edited by cybot on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derek

Post by Derek »

Don't take it to heart Dermot, I'm enjoyin' the bit-a-banter.
In fairness an awful lot of his music if shockin’ but he did some great pop/rock and it’s well recorded.

So, to lend weight to your article, with regard to original versus whatever, I’ve several versions of “Rock On” and nothing can beat the original.

Rock On Dermo and keep her goin’
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Derek wrote:Image

Don't take it to heart Dermot, I'm enjoyin' the bit-a-banter.
In fairness an awful lot of his music if shockin’ but he did some great pop/rock and it’s well recorded.

So, to lend weight to your article, with regard to original versus whatever, I’ve several versions of “Rock On” and nothing can beat the original.

Rock On Dermo and keep her goin’

LOL That's a relief so.... :-)
Last edited by cybot on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Derek wrote: You have to get a listen to an original LP 1973 of “Rock On”, ask anyone I’ve terrorised during a listening session at mine.
I've seen that listed in a few venerable HiFi magazines as being a classic recording.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable