Build a dedicated Audio PC

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: Build a dedicated Audio PC

Post by tony »

Just another thought I think both my cards are pci-e. Ken advised his is pci. Just wonder what Frans are/is on the zuma?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

The nic in mine is the on-board one.....

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Tony, I think my Network adapter is part of the motherboard, it's not PCI but I'm thinking of switching the PC's around and putting a PCIe card in the current AudioPC (cos the Intel one doesn't allow me to set IP addresses) and a PCI one in the current Streamer (cos the Adnaco will occupy the PCIe slot).
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
tony

Post by tony »

I checked one of the laptops has PCIe Realtek the other is PCI Broadcom Netlink adapter.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I just sent a mail to josef - might start a thread on this over on jplay.

FFran
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

right it seems ive got the intel 82579v chipset in my i7 build, just after checking with a new win 8 install. optimized defaults in bios, killed the firewall and homgrouped pcs
its working perfect at us=45 usb ethernet on audio pc/ us=30 on realtek (built in ethernet)

also working with this driver version 12.1.77.0

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15uZ ... hywu8/edit
Last edited by nige2000 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

nige2000 wrote:right it seems ive got the intel 82579v chipset in my i7 build, just after checking with a new win 8 install. optimized defaults in bios, killed the firewall and homgrouped pcs
its working perfect at us=45

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15uZ ... hywu8/edit
just on a side note i have a apple usb to ethernet adapter and it works too

stumped on frans issue, thought if i did a fresh install i might come across the same problem and then start to figure it out

just to be sure, get another copy of the jplay setup from your downloads folder as i had issue with a faulty installer a while back

nige
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I got it working!

So my first test was would ultra work on the franzuma in standalone mode - yes it did. Then, on Josef's advice, I left driverbuffer at 0 and upped the US to 4000, disabled firewall on the audioPC (even though the rule to allow port 48168 was there). Result was sound!! After that I can get US down to 150, but no lower. I'm still not sure where to go next to drop that another bit. When I tested in standalone mode, I could get it down to 120 only, so an extra 30 for the streaming isn't bad.

I'd like to go lower though! Esp given that its a dedicated build etc and meant to be the DBs.

Fran
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

great

windows defender next biggest issue to turn off
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Congrats. Is that through a router/modem? Your figure is similar to mine (160) and I'm wondering is the router the limiting factor.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers