Anyone tried JPlay?

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Anyone tried JPlay?

Post by Fran »

Not rigorous testing mind you, but my impression is that maybe US had the edge in the earlier RC versions, but in 15 at least in my setup I think xtream sounds better. US seems to not have as tight bass?

Need to trick about with it a bit more.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Fran wrote:Tony - see josefs post over on jplay forum about a realtek driver uprade that solved the problem for someone else.

ciunas which is hard to turn off!

Fran
So there is a design flaw!!!!

damn it i got a bad feeling im going to have to hide my wallet
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Just doing a bit more testing RE ultrastream and xtream. Ultra does seem to have a slightly more open soundstage and better depth, and overall it sounds a little more "refined". On the other hand xtream seems a little more ballsy, like there's a little low-midrange boost.

Its not very noticeable on some tracks, and then on others its much more apparent. It seems to me that it might be interesting to try both for some different recordings and match each setting up to a music type. I can imagine AC/DC sounding better on xtream, and Oscar Petersen on Ultra?

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
tony

Post by tony »

Nige[/quote]

damn it i got a bad feeling im going to have to hide my wallet[/quote]

Take it you haven't bought it yet(jplay). I wouldn't hold back over that. At some stage they have to change the free upgrade for life policy and maybe that point is approaching. On this version any of the oddities that held it back are gone.Coming out of xtream is very quick. For most folk a single pc using a tablet with jriver at the front end is giving top notch performance.

Xtream on 2 pcs/laptops just sublime the 2 sec glitch with songs replaying at end is gone.

Ultrastream issue will be resolved.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Tony, I think the guy's business model isn't bad, consider that they have over 2500 forum members so maybe a total of 5000(?) purchasers making a turnover of over half a million euro over a couple of years. It cost's nothing extra to mail a copy of each new edition to each purchaser and there's a willing band of free and voluntary testers working through the Betas.
Long may it continue as the best audio purchase ever.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:Nige

damn it i got a bad feeling im going to have to hide my wallet[/quote]

Take it you haven't bought it yet(jplay). I wouldn't hold back over that. At some stage they have to change the free upgrade for life policy and maybe that point is approaching. On this version any of the oddities that held it back are gone.Coming out of xtream is very quick. For most folk a single pc using a tablet with jriver at the front end is giving top notch performance.

Xtream on 2 pcs/laptops just sublime the 2 sec glitch with songs replaying at end is gone.

Ultrastream issue will be resolved.[/quote]

no i actually bought jplay license the first night i heard it the pauses were killing me
and im running on it quite a while!

i was thinking of the ciunas dac vs wallet

was listening to audivarna earlier as they had an update but their no where near the quality of jplay
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

Have you got it on test yet?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:Have you got it on test yet?
soon
the reports are good

any luck with the network drivers yet
tony

Post by tony »

nige2000 wrote:

Yeah the ciunas is not too bad!

No on the drivers. Installed new drivers on both machines so all bang up to date. Uninstalled as per Frans instructions and reinstalled on both.
Tried each laptop individually (single pc) and moved to usual dual laptop set up and no ultrastream.

Not putting anymore effort on this just going to enjoy xtream and wait for something to happen. Ideally I need multiple problems on release to help drive a solution. The guys are great and if I go back they will give remote assistance but they have enough to do just to get the release out at the moment.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:
nige2000 wrote:

Yeah the ciunas is not too bad!

No on the drivers. Installed new drivers on both machines so all bang up to date. Uninstalled as per Frans instructions and reinstalled on both.
Tried each laptop individually (single pc) and moved to usual dual laptop set up and no ultrastream.

Not putting anymore effort on this just going to enjoy xtream and wait for something to happen. Ideally I need multiple problems on release to help drive a solution. The guys are great and if I go back they will give remote assistance but they have enough to do just to get the release out at the moment.

i feel like that too by times, then find my self at round two a couple of days later
when i switch back to xtream there doesnt seem to be an awful lot between them just slightly different, id be happy to go along with what fran said about xtream vs ultrastream