Anyone tried JPlay?

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: Anyone tried JPlay?

Post by nige2000 »

jadarin wrote:Would anyone know a good app for a Google Nexus
to control jRiver?
gizmo should do it
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

nige2000 wrote:
jadarin wrote:Would anyone know a good app for a Google Nexus
to control jRiver?
gizmo should do it
Thanks Nigel
tony

Post by tony »

Finally got jplay beta working ok. Really silly on my part. I had shortcuts on the desktop which were links to the old version 5.A
hence I kept getting jplay settings crashing. It took a remote session with Josef to sort it. Really great service I wish it was a more real problem!

Unfortunately I seem to be goosed on ultrastream. I get network card probably not compatible error message. Jplay advise just tough either change machine or get a card that is compatible. It is a bit strange considering the age of the laptops and the fact both have different network cards. I am using a modem wired between both laptops. Have to say the sound with this beta is incredible. I wonder what the difference is with the zuma as this is at a level that I am very happy with.

this stuff is getting to an amazing level and as Pearse points out these upgrades have been free.
Using the ciunas and sound is just sublime. Will go back to comparing both dacs again with this setup and maybe introduce TC.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Impressed with the beta myself on ultra
Haven't had much listening time but i think I had a couple of glitches in playback on my i7 3770k in single mode I had changed the settings to what ken suggested but def no issues with the windows to go USB 3 stick
Need to do more listening though
Stunning in 2 PC mode

Any other setting recommendations I can try?

Nige
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

You are difficult to figure Nige. You have an i7 3770 and are debating just using a 70 euro chip for a dedicated build??
Settings on dual pc should be directlink on buffers,throttle set to on,Bitrate set to native,xtream and if you can do ultrastream lucky you but talk to Ken about settings there. You need to try/borrow Ken's JKDAC32 because even though it looks nothing you may be surprised.

*Edit* Sorry rushing this post last night the glitch was using ultrastream with i7. That I can understand the jplay forum is reporting isssues like that.If you are getting that on ultrastream it possibly helps explain why I cant get it to work at all. How much ram have you got? How is it performing in dual pc mode?
It makes me feel a bit better about not being able to use it if your processor is struggling but Jplay advise it is the network card that is the issue for me.

Put the bloody i7 in your new build. If you dont like it fine I will take it off your hands for 70euro!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:You are difficult to figure Nige. You have an i7 3770 and are debating just using a 70 euro chip for a dedicated build??
Settings on dual pc should be directlink on buffers,throttle set to on,Bitrate set to native,xtream and if you can do ultrastream lucky you but talk to Ken about settings there. You need to try/borrow Ken's JKDAC32 because even though it looks nothing you may be surprised.

*Edit* Sorry rushing this post last night the glitch was using ultrastream with i7. That I can understand the jplay forum is reporting isssues like that.If you are getting that on ultrastream it possibly helps explain why I cant get it to work at all. How much ram have you got? How is it performing in dual pc mode?
It makes me feel a bit better about not being able to use it if your processor is struggling but Jplay advise it is the network card that is the issue for me.

Put the bloody i7 in your new build. If you dont like it fine I will take it off your hands for 70euro!
misunderstood me i was more stating it couldnt be a hatrdware issue because it is on the i7 and this is the beta jplay im talking about im sure its just a bug and its nothing to do with the i7 3770k not been sufficient, that would be a a ridiculous statement
(should have kept my mouth shut till i did more testing)
im using 16 gb ram

works extremely well in streamer mode on ultra

will be testing an i3 build later with 6 gb ram aiming for ultrastream
Last edited by nige2000 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tony

Post by tony »

No I agree it aint the i7 it has to be ultrastream. I seem to be one of the few who cant get it at all. I tried both laptops singly just to see if it was one of them but no joy. If I go with the zuma build I think I will be putting in 16gb also it costs another €40 or so.Now you wont agree but sticking to what chris recommends so ram would cost about €120 for 16gb. The ssd he also suggests ensuring to get an mlc drive and again that seems to cost a bit more.

Havent the time today to test the beta but I was hugely impressed at low listening levels.

Are you using a modem to stream?
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:No I agree it aint the i7 it has to be ultrastream. I seem to be one of the few who cant get it at all. I tried both laptops singly just to see if it was one of them but no joy. If I go with the zuma build I think I will be putting in 16gb also it costs another €40 or so.Now you wont agree but sticking to what chris recommends so ram would cost about €120 for 16gb. The ssd he also suggests ensuring to get an mlc drive and again that seems to cost a bit more.

Havent the time today to test the beta but I was hugely impressed at low listening levels.

Are you using a modem to stream?
i ether use ethernet through router or direct crossover cable seems to be the most stable havent tried over wifi yet ad-hoc seemed to be more stable than wifi through router last time i checked although it was seldom there was an error
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

My hunch is that any issues with ultrastream are all to do with network speed. I couldn't get it to run reliably with the controlPC working over wifi (audioPC is wired), switch to fully wired through a router and no issues.

I might be completely wrong of course!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
tony

Post by tony »

Finaltest beta sounds fantastic using xtream.2 sec replay after playback gone and it works much smoother.
Still unable to use ultrastream despite my best efforts. Wired/single laptop/turn off windows firewall/adjust settings till my fingers got sore but no music. Both laptops show network card compatible issue and advice from marcin and josef is get another network card?
Happy with xtream hopefully future releases fix whatever this issue is.