Anyone tried JPlay?

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Anyone tried JPlay?

Post by Fran »

Running it as I type, installed fine although I understand there is another file already!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Got ULTRAstream to work over WiFi by setting PacketSize=1 and you can dial up the XtreamSize value to 3000 to 5000. With PS=0 no sound and both PC's needed to be reset.
SQ is excellent.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Ultrastream now working flawlessly for me too over wifi - this is with the beta 5.1 RC12a. Reduced xstream size to 400 to get it running smoothly.
Do or do not, there is no try
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

I was happily listening to John's new dac on RC1 but Josef has announced that it's a think of the past and we're now up to RC12a. A lot of people have had difficulty to get stable working on the recent Release Candidates but RC12a is supposed to be stable. Hope to try it tomorrow.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

Would anyone know a good app for a Google Nexus
to control jRiver?
tony

Post by tony »

New beta version of jplay bombs out on my laptop. What is going on?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

What version, Tony, and what are your settings? Are you running 2PC or 1PC. Using UltraStream I found PacketSize had to =1 (I think this is now called UltraSize).
KM
tony

Post by tony »

Got it last night so latest I assume. No time to test it today or the weekend it will have to wait I just reinstalled previous production version.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tony

Post by tony »

Ok got 5mins to test. All working fine on xtream but no play on ultrastream. I tried reduced changing bit rate as suggested to 24 and 32 and lowered the buffers from directlink to various settings still no joy. I increased ultrastream size and xtream size in regedit to 2000 and 2500.

What settings are working for you guys? New beta version of Jplay (14) sounds very nice I have forgotten the zuma already!
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Ultra stream sounds great on the Zuma Tony, directlink all bitrates, ultra size down to 30.
It is an amazing jump in quality from V5, I used some Chesky test recordings and can hear detail, texture and depth I did not realise was available before this version.
This is probably the biggest upgrade I have had the pleasure of discovering from JPlay in the couple of years since the very first version. Incredible work and all still at no extra cost!

Using Zuma as audio PC and laptop as control PC with direct connection to Zuma by Ethernet cable.