Complete High End Hifi for sale

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
DaveF

Complete High End Hifi for sale

Post by DaveF »

Due to other priorities and a possible move abroad in the coming year I've decided after some careful consideration to sell my hifi. I spend very little or no time listening to music these days. I'd say probably 3 or 4 hours in total since xmas.
This might come as a surprise to some of you but it's something I've being pondering over for many months now. I've simply lost the passion for hifi and actually have come to despise it in some ways due to the nonsense that has crept into the industry.
I must stress that the current system sounds just fine but for other reasons I'm just not getting the time with it these days. In future I'll probably return to it.

If you're interested in any of the items below, please contact me by pm only.

2. Resolution Audio Opus 21 CD player. Two tone silver/black player. Mint condition. Original box.
SOLD

3. Classe CAM350 monoblocs. Some scratches on top of units. Re-biased by Cloney Audio last year. No boxes.
SOLD

6. Mains Stuff
Russ Andrews The Silencer block 6-way: 200Euro
Classic Power Chord for Silencer block, 16A IEC plug: 80Euro
Classis Power chord IEC plug: 80 Euro
(Will sell all 3 together for 220 Euro)

Pics available on request and also can be viewed in the 'System Reboot' thread over on the General section of the forum.
Last edited by DaveF on Tue May 21, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Adrian

Re: Complete High End Hifi for sale

Post by Adrian »

Hi Dave,

I'm absolutely speechless Dave, I'm totally stumped, very sorry to hear you are not only dumping the hi fi but also Ireland as well.

Pm sent re turntable.

Dave are you sure about this?

Adrian
Let the Good Times Roll...................
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

@Adrian, yes I'm sure about this. Ive thought about long enough.

Update: Sale agreed for the TT and phonostage so Ive have those on hold until payment/collection.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

Dave have you gone mad!!!!!!!! I'm utterly,utterly speechless! No wonder we haven't heard from you lately! I know this hi-fi lark can drive us absolutely barmy and sometimes it's a good idea to take a long break away from it. All that hard work for what??????? Dave, please, please reconsider....
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Well, I suppose I'm not too shocked. In truth, I kind of admire your courage for doing this.

Best of luck with the sale.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Seán

Post by Seán »

Hi Dave, it makes me sad to read this but you have to do what's best for you.
Seán
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Cheers gents. This isn't a rash decision, it's something I've been considering for a good while now. I've fallen out of love with hifi in a big way. I'm quite happy to just listen to music on youtube(cough spit i know) these days at my convenience. With the exception of speakers to some degree, I just don't see any value in high end hifi components anymore. In fact the term 'high end' is more 'highly expensive' in my view.
If I was to do it all over again I'd most likely just get a pair of relatively cheap ESL 57/63s, quad value amps, a JKDAC and just be done with it all.

My next project is putting together an ultra high end PC from scratch. It may very well take me back to hifi via the computer audio route eventually.

If anyone wants to take any of the items above on trial in their system I'd have no problem with that.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Sorry to see this Dave but I could see for a while you were getting increasingly frustrated with the whole hifi "thing". Perhaps pulling the plug and, to some extent, starting over, is the way to go. I wish you well on your journey!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
ConorW

Post by ConorW »

Dave,
A big decision to sell all. Nice pieces. Good luck with the sale.
I have sent you a pm re the hifi rack.
Thanks
Conor
Lenco L75 Self build, Roksan Nima tonearm, Benz MicroGlider SL, AudioResearch PH7 phono, Luxman SQ-38U Integrated (or a Wavac MD300b),
BlueSound Node 2i, Auralic Vega, AudioNote AN/E Speakers.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

pics of the system here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1743