Beresford Caiman DAC (Gator'd edition) - SOLD

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
RochaCullen

Beresford Caiman DAC (Gator'd edition) - SOLD

Post by RochaCullen »

For sale is my Beresford Caiman DAC, this is the upgraded version with the Gator board installed. €180

I have been using this item in the office as a headphone amp, streaming music via USB from my laptop. I have the original box, power supply etc. Its in perfect nick.

I've used it also as a preamp with my monoblock power amps and its a great performer.

What hi-fi five star review:
http://www.whathifi.com/review/beresford-caiman

The spiel on the site goes as follows:

The ground breaking Beresford Caiman is the accumulation of various modifications and the use of the latest high performance components that were proven to enhance the standard TC-7520.

The Beresford Caiman is the first commercially available DAC to use some of these components, and the only one to incorporate so many of them all in one go.

Each Beresford Caiman is individually modified and assembled by hand, before undergoing a test session. Such level of workmanship is unheard of in the DAC market at this price level. But it ensures that each one of the limited quantity production run is built to the highest standard and care.

WM8716 - 64x, 192KHz oversampling DAC chip. The majority of high-end consumer DAC chips are only 8x oversampling types. The Caiman DAC chip is only matched or surpassed by the DSP based DAC chips. As far as we know, the Caiman is the first and only DAC that makes sole use of the latest 64x oversampling technology in an affordable consumer aimed product.

I paid close to 300 euros for this piece of kit and it was a bargain at that.