Anyone tried JPlay?

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jkeny

Re: Anyone tried JPlay?

Post by jkeny »

Fran wrote: John, that iso to fix the uac problem is small.... Not long to download
Fran
I know but its just another ISO - the 2G AIK ISO that was needed to be downloaded to get the IMAGEX.EXE program just takes the biscuit :)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Ah, I give up (for a while anyway). My new 32GB USb drive wont boot either (never mind get to the user account issue). I get the same message with it - "PC problem - unable to start".
This is a 32GB USB2 Transcend stick so it shouldn't be a problem? There is either something wrong with my WIN8 ISO image or I'm dumb? You guys downloaded the ISO from the same place I did, right?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

I might go through the whole process again or wait until Fran has sorted it all out & then get a copy from him :)
What about it, Fran - are you finished yet, are you finished yet, are you finished yet?
www.Ciunas.biz
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Any hair left?

Same iso as you, yep. Did the bcd boot command work ok?
Do or do not, there is no try
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Sure, I should be able to clone my stick to yours. I want to do a few more bits - eg boot directly to the desktop without having to login, but other than that it's ready enough. Do you want to post down the stick?
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Great, yea, I'll post down my 2 32GB USB sticks & maybe you can see if the faster USB3.0 stick also boots when cloned?
www.Ciunas.biz
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

A1,

Fran
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

OK, got it all modified OK. It boots straight to the desktop, no need for a logon either.

I did some more comparisons.

So I still stick by my thinking that w8 rtg to roughly equivalent to the 2 box setup on W7, with the audioPC very optimised.
Hibernate working OK. The odd time got the extra bit replayed at the end, but not all the time. Could use directlink no issues. Could pull files across the network (wifi) and playback no issues. I tried fideliser and while it brought more clarity, I thought it was a bit over the top - almost kind of unreal detail? Its hard to explain exactly, but it seemed forced.

Now going back to the dual PC W7 setup, you can hear where the little bit of resolution is lost, but it is small. I would bet many would not notice one bit. Bear in mind that this is as critical listening as these ears allow!

So, I suppose the next thing is a dual PC setup both running off W8RTG?

I feel I need to enroll in a 12 step program!

Fran
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Excellent, Fran - great work
Yes, I guess W8TG on both PCs with stream Jplay would be worth testing
Also Total Commander on AudioPC might be worth a go - I'm not expecting you to do this (I know that 12 step program is needed) - it's just a thought about how far this might be taken - I try this after I get my USB sticks down to you
www.Ciunas.biz
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:Great, yea, I'll post down my 2 32GB USB sticks & maybe you can see if the faster USB3.0 stick also boots when cloned?
how are u cloning the os
that would be very very useful
these usb drives cant come quick enough
oh god def in need of counselling
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's