Anyone tried JPlay?

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Ken Moreland

Re: Anyone tried JPlay?

Post by Ken Moreland »

TC is still an option. I have disabled some services but I haven't gone to extremes(yet). I wouldn't bother with either until you get 2pc working and the final V5 is released, then you can adjust as you like. 2PC is now very stable and also easily adjustable.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
tony

Post by tony »

Got a quick call from remote support tonight. Thank god it saved a lot of leg work. Thanks a million Ken. Jplay running thru 2 laptops into jkdac32 and it is fantastic. Test track especially for Ivor was bee gees staying alive it never sounded better!.
Jplay users need to try this. I will be very interested to hear what people think if they revisit the tests done awhile ago with hi end systems against the jkdac's. The improvement from this version and arrangement is incredible. The set up is a bit messy with cables and a modem but this could be tidied with careful planning. No more new cdp's for me ever.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote: Test track especially for Ivor was bee gees staying alive it never sounded better!.

Nothin' wrong with that! I think we had that discussion once but I actually really like that era of Bee Gees stuff. Honest pop, infinitely preferable to pompous bloated rock.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Ivor wrote:
tony wrote: Test track especially for Ivor was bee gees staying alive it never sounded better!.

Nothin' wrong with that! I think we had that discussion once but I actually really like that era of Bee Gees stuff. Honest pop, infinitely preferable to pompous bloated rock.
By magic when talking to Ken both laptops connected he was on the way to the pub and suggested some nice track I opened up the music folder and bee gees were there so played it for a laugh and remembered our previous conversation about it. Laughing aside it is fine music might not be hip and anyway stay on thread here it is jplay only no jitterbugging
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Err, I like them too!
Do or do not, there is no try
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

This is a lazy question:

So I have the music on one PC, any ordinary yoke will do. I stream that to another PC (eg laptop) which actually runs jplay. This then is connected to the jkdac.

Is that it?
tony

Post by tony »

Fran wrote:This is a lazy question:

So I have the music on one PC, any ordinary yoke will do. I stream that to another PC (eg laptop) which actually runs jplay. This then is connected to the jkdac.

Is that it?
You have to set up a guest network on the jkdac pc and then join it with the second pc. You need a modem between both pc's.
Hopefully you have a spare one or just use your broadband one.

Fire up jplay settings on the streaming pc and go to the audio pc setting and hit space bar until you get search for jplay on my lan. Hit ok, it takes a few seconds but it should hopefully detect the jkdac32 connected pc. jplay settings seems to close down but reopen it if required to change the other settings to what you want.

Hopefully music plays. I have had the usual teething problems but Ken is the man. Just having a quick listen before bed and Fran is huge leap really worth the effort.
Last edited by tony on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

That's all ok.

So in my case, the main pc is upstairs in the office, it has full music library. Laptop is downstairs connected to the jkdac. So do I still use the laptop to select and play as before? Or would I need 2 laptops beside one another to make it work?

Fran
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Fran, you could run it as a 1PC system using the existing laptop, or you could run it as a 2PC setup from the upstairs PC, just to see if you like the sound,probably a bit inconvenient. With a second laptop you could possible take the music on the network from upstairs and play it on the current laptop(connected to Dac). If you're a current Jplay user mail support@jplay.eu and ask for the latest V5 RC(release candidate), they're very obliging and helpful.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
tony

Post by tony »

Just about to post but I see Doctor Ken is online so will let the medical consultant take the lead.

jkdac32 connected laptop/pc does nothing . You open jplaymini on the music pc and play songs as usual.It streams to the jkdac32 pc.
I am having problems where it is not switching to KS and music is not playing.