Musical Fidelity M1 DAC - SOLD

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
stigpepper

Musical Fidelity M1 DAC - SOLD

Post by stigpepper »

Hi,

I'm selling my Musical Fidelity M1 DAC due to an upgrade. The DAC is in perfect working order, upsamples all sources to 192kHz and has the following inputs / outputs: -

Inputs: -
USB
Optical
Digital Coax
AES balanced

Outputs: -
RCA
XLR balanced

€300 plus related delivery charges.

Pics are available on request and the DAC come with boxed with manuals etc.

Thanks for looking...
Last edited by stigpepper on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
tony

Re: Musical Fidelity M1 DAC

Post by tony »

Well what did santa bring you Stephen? We must do that disk thing in the new year!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
stigpepper

Post by stigpepper »

Santa brought me a wee son Liam, it our first so no doubt he is taking up all our time with the amount of fussing around we are doing.

On the hifi side of things I managed to downsize and upgrade in one fell swoop by picking up the all in one MF kW250s that itspaul was selling here. I haven't had time for a proper listen yet as my hifi has been packed up for the last few months while we were building but my plan is to hook it up to my music server through the internal dac, I'll hopefully get around to it this week.

I'll give you a shout about the hard drive in a week or two when I've found my feet.

How is the valve amp working out for you?
fergus

Post by fergus »

stigpepper wrote:Santa brought me a wee son Liam, it our first so no doubt he is taking up all our time with the amount of fussing around we are doing.

Congratulations Stephen....that little present should keep you busy for some time all right.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Congratulations stigpepper. That's a great present indeed!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
tony

Post by tony »

Hi Stephen Congratulations the best present you can ever get,

Better make sure you build a nice wall around the hifi. I suppose you have about a year maybe 18 months to prepare the battle trenches to save your electronics!
No wall is high enought and no trench deep enough but if desperate you can always talk to the farming community about electric fences.

Hope the new MF works out well for you. Really like the new amp and this will be a keeper once it still functions. The Cyrus has departed and a bit sorry to see it go as it was very versatile.

Re Disk, sure at some stage we can arrange something.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Derek

Post by Derek »

stigpepper wrote:Santa brought me a wee son Liam, it our first so no doubt he is taking up all our time with the amount of fussing around we are doing.
Congratulations Stephen, HiFi will be on hold for a while - about 18 years!
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
tony

Post by tony »

Derek wrote:
Congratulations Stephen, HiFi will be on hold for a while - about 18 years!
Hadn't the heart to pass on that information.
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

Congratulations Stephen on the arrival of your son Liam.
I had a loan of that KW250 for a while from Paul and have to say
you've got a bargain there.
They matched the B&w 803's brilliantly,also heard them with the 805's with great results,with loads of power,not that you'll need that power for a while..
stigpepper

Post by stigpepper »

Hi Lads,

Thanks for your kind regards and words of warning. After only 4 days of having the kid at home I'm beginning to realise that enoying some me time relaxing and listening to good tunes with a drink in hand might be luxury that I do not get to experience very often if not at all.

Although he did seem to enjoy the same Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young album that my Dad bought my Mum when I was born, so I'm not giving up all hope yet!!!