What are you listening to?

DaveF

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by DaveF »

Symphony No.7

An amazing recording. As good as the reviews said it would be.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

It has been a while since I have listened to this period instrument performance of Schubert's Trout Quintet....

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Listened to disc 1 tonight. 14 discs in this set so quite a bit of material to discover yet.

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:Listened to disc 1 tonight. 14 discs in this set so quite a bit of material to discover yet.
I would also be interested in the consistency of the music making over so many discs Dave.
fergus

Post by fergus »

For the fourth Sunday of Advent, JSB Cantatas BWV14 & 81....

....apparently JSB liked to keep his mid winter cantatas as short as possible to avoid his musicians having to spend too long a time in the cold church on those winter Sunday mornings....a practical consideration, no doubt.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:For the fourth Sunday of Advent, JSB Cantatas BWV14 & 81....

....apparently JSB liked to keep his mid winter cantatas as short as possible to avoid his musicians having to spend too long a time in the cold church on those winter Sunday mornings....a practical consideration, no doubt.
You seem to have a quite a few discs from that Gardiner series Fergus. Have you collected most of them? I still havent fully warmed to the Bach cantatas yet. I really need to be in a certain mood for them.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Quartet No.8 from this amazing set.

fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote: You seem to have a quite a few discs from that Gardiner series Fergus. Have you collected most of them? I still havent fully warmed to the Bach cantatas yet. I really need to be in a certain mood for them.
Yes indeed, Dave....there are 27 discs in the series and I am waiting for the last 4 to be issued to complete the collection. I am, obviously, the very opposite as I cannot do without hearing a JSB Cantata for more than two or three days....I then get withdrawal symptoms.
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:Quartet No.8 from this amazing set.

Wonderful performances indeed....it has been a while so I must listen again soon.
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:Image
I was wondering whether our resident organist, Simon, was aware of this set and, if so, what does he think of it?