Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

Adrian wrote:It's been a while since I listened to leftfield........ Rhythmn & Stealth... a great album... hard to believe it was released in 1999, ................... where has the time gone?

Fabulous, fabulous album there Adrian!
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Cybot, you should hear Swords on 801's....... great bass..

Another one, Tourism..

Let the Good Times Roll...................
cybot

Post by cybot »

Adrian wrote:Cybot, you should hear Swords on 801's....... great bass..

Another one, Tourism..

Don't worry I get ample bass on my poor beleagured Castle Howard's :) I believe that's a live album? Don't have it. Probably didn't come out on vinyl but maybe it did. Must check it out. Is it any good Adrian? By the way, seeing that you're a little familiar with Carsten Nicolai, you should DEFINITELY check out Unitxt :) He goes under the Alva Noto monikor for this one....

Edit: Just checked my tiny Leftfield vinyl collection and discovered a 12" with, not one but four
versions, of Swords! A revisited mix by themselves, a Two Lone Swordsman mix, a
Carl Lekebusch mix and a To Roccoco Rot mix! Can't wait to (re)check them out later :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Stunning solo effort from the Acid Mother's Temple main man.....

For those with an open mind....and then some. This one's for you John :)
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

ImageEzekiel Honig Folding in on Itself
cybot

Post by cybot »

A real blast/classic from my past! Couldn't quite believe how much of his stuff is on YT! Full albums and all! Too much I guess. This is beautiful...

Steve Roach - excerpt from Structures From Silence...
cybot

Post by cybot »

Scarier than any horror soundtrack :)

Kreng - from new four Lp box set of theatre works....
cybot

Post by cybot »

Vinyl..

Amazon:

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont get this for your kids
This was visually interesting but totally a mistake to get for a child. It was so sad that it made my 5 year old cry! At the end of the story my daughter said to put the book in the trash because she never wanted to see it again. I wish i could have given it no stars but Amazon makes you put at least one star.

5 out if 5. Masterfully done with beautiful hand etched art. The soundtrack in combination with the book gives a wonderfully emotional feel to the story and creates a tale that only Kid Koala could do. Tearful, but so wonderful.

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Currently enjoying..........Offthesky......The Beautiful Nowhere..........on Vinyl no less.

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Biosphere........Substrata.......this time on Vinyl. Magnificent..

My favourite track...... Hyperborea...from Twin Peaks from the scene where Major Briggs explaining his dream to his son, Bobby:

"This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream, the mind revealing itself to itself. In my vision, I was on the veranda of a vast estate, a palazzo of some fantastic proportion. There seemed to emanate from it a light from within, this gleaming, radiant marble. I'd known this place. I had in fact been born and raised there. This was my first return. A reunion with the deepest well-springs of my being. Wandering about, I noticed happily that the house had been immaculately maintained. There'd been added a number of additional rooms, but in a way that blended so seamlessly with the original construction, one would never detect any difference. Returning to the house's grand foyer, there came a knock at the door. My son was standing there. He was happy and carefree, clearly living a life of deep harmony and joy. We embraced, a warm and loving embrace, nothing withheld. We were, in this moment, one. My vision ended and I awoke with a tremendous feeling of optimism and confidence in you and your future. That was my vision of you. I'm so glad to have had this opportunity to share it with you. I wish you nothing but the very best in all things."