Recent Viewing

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
fergus

Re: Recent Viewing

Post by fergus »

OK Ivor....sounds like a convincing recommendation!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
mcq

Post by mcq »

k99_64 wrote:Image

Cant stop watching this amazing series.
I agree. I've been enjoying it on FX immensely. I also enjoyed the first series of Breaking Bad but - for some reason - FX didn't show the second series. Deadwood was excellent. It's a pity HBO pulled the plug on it. I believe there were plans for a feature length film to end it all but it never came to pass. Role of a lifetime for Ian McShane and a world away from Lovejoy. But, at least they gave it a few series unlike the very intriguing John From Cincinnati which was cancelled three quarters of the way into the first series. It was shaping up beautifully. True Blood's very good as well. Generation Kill was fantastic.
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Hi Chaps,

Just watched "Zombieland" last night with the boss. Light hearted entertainment and gave me a few laughs. A clean film with no smut, but the gory bits night not be suitable for younger children.

Rule 1, Cardio.

Rule 2, Double tap.

I can't remember the other rules. Ah well............

Let the Good Times Roll...................
fergus

Post by fergus »

I was looking forward to seeing this one as it had been recommended to me by a number of people but I was not overly impressed; there were some very good special effects though!
JAW

Post by JAW »

I think you're being very kind to 2012 Fergus. I saw it in the cinema and thought it was complete rubbish.
Bought this a few weeks ago and IMHO it is the best thing from the BBC in years. Series 1 is a bit shakey, but by Series 2 it was up and running.

fergus

Post by fergus »

[quote="JAW"]I think you're being very kind to 2012 Fergus. I saw it in the cinema and thought it was complete rubbish.

One tries to be tactful sometimes....but I agree with you!
Derek

Post by Derek »

Written & Directed by; Guillermo del Toro
Starring; Federico Luppi,Ron Perlman, Claudio Brook, Margarita Isabe
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

last night on Sky Indie (or wanna dem stations)

The story of Chess records along with Muddy Waters, Willie Dixon, Little Walter, Howlin' Wolf, Chuck Berry, Etta James et al.
A bit slick and it played fast and loose with facts but still hugely enjoyable and entertaining.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
fergus

Post by fergus »

Children of Men....

This is a bit of a dark and strange one but I did enjoy it. I particularly liked the character played by Michael Caine.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I remember seeing that one a few years back Fergus, an oddly wonderful movie. Caine was brilliant and the car chase scene (if it's the one I'm thinking of) was stunning.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable