Recent Purchases

Seán

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:A Pepe recommendation....

I have heard great things about Andreas Spering and Capella Augustina and in particular their performances of Haydn's Sacred Music
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:
I have heard great things about Andreas Spering and Capella Augustina and in particular their performances of Haydn's Sacred Music

I will let you know in due course whether those great things are justified Seán, but if Pepe says that it is good then we should be fine!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:
Seán wrote:
I will let you know in due course whether those great things are justified Seán, but if Pepe says that it is good then we should be fine!
this I must admit, has similarly raised my interest, being the keen Haydnophile (?!?) that I am, especially when it comes to his choral works.

I fear that Fergus will have me thrown off the board for some of these purchases...

Claus

Post by Claus »

Pulled the trigger on this one. should keep me going for a few winter nights...;-)
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I've considered that a few times, Claus. Interested to hear your thoughts when you've had some time to digest.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote: Image

I think that you are well and truly converted to Opera at this stage Jared. Let us know how you get on with that set of purchases.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Claus wrote:Image

Pulled the trigger on this one. should keep me going for a few winter nights...;-)

Nice one Claus....I am sure there will be a lot of enjoyment in there for you. Let us know how you are getting on with it.
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:I think that you are well and truly converted to Opera at this stage Jared. Let us know how you get on with that set of purchases.

I'm taking to some, more easily than others Fergus, but I must confess that the ice is thawing, the more time and effort I put in to understanding the medium. Every so often, I see something really quite powerful and I think to myself 'Yes, opera at its finest and at its most relevant to me personally, can indeed pack an emotionally powerful punch, I'm beginning to understand its raison d'etre'.

Of course, I will keep my little thread going with my thoughts on some of the productions I watch, such as they are...
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:
fergus wrote:I think that you are well and truly converted to Opera at this stage Jared. Let us know how you get on with that set of purchases.

I'm taking to some, more easily than others Fergus, but I must confess that the ice is thawing, the more time and effort I put in to understanding the medium. Every so often, I see something really quite powerful and I think to myself 'Yes, opera at its finest and at its most relevant to me personally, can indeed pack an emotionally powerful punch, I'm beginning to understand its raison d'etre'.

Of course, I will keep my little thread going with my thoughts on some of the productions I watch, such as they are...

Cheers Jared. Both you and Pepe can fly that particular flag together and educate me in the process!
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:Cheers Jared. Both you and Pepe can fly that particular flag together and educate me in the process!

I think Pepe does all the educating around here, especially when it comes to Opera... I just make a few grunting noises in the background...