Guess tthe LP

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
jadarin

Re: Guess tthe LP

Post by jadarin »

cybot

Post by cybot »

Is the first one a Rory Gallagher album? Wheels Within Wheels , I think. Will post pic later as I'm on the bus! I was at Brendan Perry last night!

Begorrah, ndeed it is?!?!!?

Last edited by cybot on Thu May 27, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JAW

Post by JAW »

I thought the second was The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter - but I was wrong, I thought the third was Talk Talk - but I was wrong. I'm gonna need a clue! The second is irritatingly familiar, though. :-(
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

ImageTwo members of this group had just left
another very infulential American band? (1960's)

Image Music from this album was used in a Volkswagon commercial in 2000. (1972)
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

cybot wrote:Is the first one a Rory Gallagher album? Wheels Within Wheels , I think. Will post pic later as I'm on the bus! I was at Brendan Perry last night!

Cybot,
Well done.I was wondering what was taking you so long with Rory?
How was Brendan Perry last night.
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:
cybot wrote:Is the first one a Rory Gallagher album? Wheels Within Wheels , I think. Will post pic later as I'm on the bus! I was at Brendan Perry last night!

Cybot,
Well done.I was wondering what was taking you so long with Rory?
How was Brendan Perry last night.
Actually I don't have the album, would you believe!! Brendan Perry was in a very cantankerous mood last night!! It was in the Tripod (my first time!) and briefly, all I can say is, the venue was too small, the stage was too small, at least half of the band weren't sympathetic to the Perry cause (and, by God, did he let them know!!) and their own mixer just hadn't a clue with a very stomach churning bassy sound plagued by occasional squeals of feedback etc etc. That set the scene for the first encore (The Voyage of Brendan - one of my favs) where, for once , everything gelled, when right bang in the middle of the song Brendan suddenly stopped,glared at someone in the audience and shouted 'Shut the fu## up'!!!! We were stunned, I tell you! I didn't actually see what happened because I was way off to the side of the stage where I could shelter from the storm and yet had a terrific view of the band, bickerings and all.....Finally on my way out at the end (he did perform another song,believe it or not!), there was a stall with a number of signed copies of his new CD (first album in 11 years!!) for sale. I duly bought it and I couldn't wait to see if his touring band were also on the CD. I wasn't surprised to see that they weren't! The whole album was written,performed and produced by Brendan.... Ah, the audacity of having to perform live to promote the new stuff......
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:
Image Music from this album was used in a Volkswagon commercial in 2000. (1972)
It can't be Nick Drake's 'Pink Moon'!!!!! The colour's all wrong! I just knew it looked familiar :))) Let me go check.....

It is?!?!?!!? What can I say, I was fooled again!! Well done, jad !
cybot

Post by cybot »

[quote="jadarin"]

Two members of this group had just left another very influential American band? (1960's)

I think we're going to need one more clue jad...
fergus

Post by fergus »

As ever, if the album cover itself was posted I probably still would not get it!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:As ever, if the album cover itself was posted I probably still would not get it!!!
LOL :-)