Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
jadarin

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by jadarin »

cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:Image

Was looking at a vinyl edition of the above album in Tower on Tuesday last! Must give it a listen somewhere :) Love the sleeve...
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... _w&cad=rja
There's about 10 hours of free music here....
cybot

Post by cybot »

I very rarely get excited about electronic music these days but this is something else! Thanks to David (Tibet) for introducing this music to me....The whole concept and the music is really beautiful, tinged with that otherness that only the best artists are capable of....This one's for you John :) Do have a listen to the other albums too.....

http://uncertain.bandcamp.com/album/aet ... -for-moths

jadarin

Post by jadarin »

cybot wrote:I very rarely get excited about electronic music these days but this is something else! Thanks to David (Tibet) for introducing this music to me....The whole concept and the music is really beautiful, tinged with that otherness that only the best artists are capable of....This one's for you John :) Do have a listen to the other albums too.....
http://uncertain.bandcamp.com/album/aet ... -for-moths
Thanks for that Dermot,I had a quick listen and it sounds excellent.I think it's time for me to invest in a JK dac32,with all the music turning up on bandcamp alone.
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:
cybot wrote:I very rarely get excited about electronic music these days but this is something else! Thanks to David (Tibet) for introducing this music to me....The whole concept and the music is really beautiful, tinged with that otherness that only the best artists are capable of....This one's for you John :) Do have a listen to the other albums too.....
Thanks for that Dermot,I had a quick listen and it sounds excellent.I think it's time for me to invest in a JK dac32,with all the music turning up on bandcamp alone.
Good call John :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

I've been racking my brains for the name of this band so I can have a quick listen. Can you enlighten me John?
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

cybot wrote:
I've been racking my brains for the name of this band so I can have a quick listen. Can you enlighten me John?
Dermot,The band are called Holy other,this is their first full length album release,they released and Ep last year which is also good.
There’s something that keeps on pulling me back to this album,maybe the human emotion in the samples.Some of their music has been compared to Burial,but
i think burial isn’t a patch on this.You can stream the album on Boomkat.
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:
cybot wrote:
Dermot,The band are called Holy other,this is their first full length album release,they released and Ep last year which is also good.
There’s something that keeps on pulling me back to this album,maybe the human emotion in the samples.Some of their music has been compared to Burial,but
i think burial isn’t a patch on this.You can stream the album on Boomkat.
Great stuff John. I'll have a listen later :)
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

cybot wrote:
jadarin wrote:
Good call John :)
This will keep me busy for a while...