Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Seán

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by Seán »

Diapason wrote:And if I may put in a word for "Someday my Prince Will Come", which was my introduction to Miles Davis. That's a cracking album, non-screechy.
I agree
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

On the TT: the lovely, talented but dreadfully unfortunate British musician, Barbara Thompson.

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
markof

Post by markof »

Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I've been very much enjoying Sam Jackson's debut album Sharp & Flat recently

(reviewed today in the Irish Times: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/the ... 75841.html).

Even including the disclosure that he's a friend of my brother's, I think you should all buy it straightaway!!

http://samjacksonmusic.bandcamp.com/

(Is that too shameless?)
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
dhyantyke

Post by dhyantyke »

markof wrote:Image
Crikey, I was listening to that last night and was blown away (again) by how good it is!!

AAAHHH HUMMM indeed!
markof

Post by markof »

Caught this band (Robert Glasper Experiment) at Cork Jazz last year - I was knocked out.

Anyone going this year?
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Seán

Post by Seán »

dhyantyke wrote:
markof wrote:Image
Crikey, I was listening to that last night and was blown away (again) by how good it is!!

AAAHHH HUMMM indeed!
Yep, it's lovely music.
JAW

Post by JAW »

Seán wrote:On the TT: the lovely, talented but dreadfully unfortunate British musician, Barbara Thompson.

Never was a jazz fan, but really liked this

Seán

Post by Seán »

JAW wrote: Never was a jazz fan, but really liked this

That is Barbara Thompson's retelling of the Oscar Wilde story, it's lovely, it works really well too. I must say that I am fond of Ms Thompson's music-making.
markof

Post by markof »

Very tasty, autumnal album.