Wanted - amplifier & cd

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Tone deaf

Wanted - amplifier & cd

Post by Tone deaf »

On look out for an amplifier and cd player to go with a pair of system audio speakers. Just trying to get back into hifi and hoping not to spend too much, but if something good and interesting was offered would consider. Makes of interest Arcam, Rotel, Denon etc, would also consider Arcam Solo or Solo Mini.
Thanks for looking.
jaybee

Re: Wanted - amplifier & cd

Post by jaybee »

which system audio do you have?
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Tone deaf

Post by Tone deaf »

System audio SA 1530
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

you should have no problems driving those with just about any amplifier.....

I like the synergy between sa and primare, but arcam suit them well also....

primare'd probably be out of your budget though...
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Tone deaf

Post by Tone deaf »

Thanks for opinion. Obviously I would like to keep my budget down but am all too aware that if I
Want to get good sound will no doubt have to up my spending.
Could go out and buy Marantz 6004 but something is holding me back and would prefer to go used route and get better value for money ( I hope).
Might look at the Arcam A75 plus advertised here.
Can get good deal on new Arcam Solo or my attention has been attracted by a demo Aura Note all in one system.
Will wait to see if anything comes and continue with my very old Creek, even has din connections.
Thanks
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

There's a primare amp on either adverts or done deal at the moment for around the 500 mark....
Do or do not, there is no try
Seán

Post by Seán »

Tone deaf wrote:System audio SA 1530
They are lovely speakers. I much prefer the Primare than the Arcam for driving SAs. I do not like the Arcam+SA sound at all, Cloney do though. If you can manage to get a Primare I21 you won't be disappointed with the set-up. Happy shopping.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
ConorW

Post by ConorW »

I have a Primare i21 Integrated amp in great condition.
See my post on this site and I have also posted it on Adverts.
http://www.adverts.ie/home-audio/primar ... mp/2075237

PM me if interested and we can discuss price.
Thanks
Conor
Lenco L75 Self build, Roksan Nima tonearm, Benz MicroGlider SL, AudioResearch PH7 phono, Luxman SQ-38U Integrated (or a Wavac MD300b),
BlueSound Node 2i, Auralic Vega, AudioNote AN/E Speakers.
slowswimmer

Post by slowswimmer »

i have the sa1530's also, great speakers cloney brought in and score well on the spouse acceptance scale for looks. i had them with a new rotel 04se for about a year before changing to a Cyrus 8 2nd hand . Wow. big difference in detail better bass etc , they really seem to make them shine its not that i think they needed the extra power i rarely go above 1/4 volume even when everyone is out and i can, its just the work together in my opinion.
cant comment on the Arcam but i think your right not to go new

best of luck in the search
Tone deaf

Post by Tone deaf »

Thanks to all who have given me opinions and suggestions.
Starting to get this hifi buzz and know I will have to increase my budget to get good sound.
Heard Arcam Solo, Solo Mini and A18 in Cloneys with SA1530s and only liked the Solo Mini. Also heard new Rotel (new entry models) and didn't like. On same day I heard 2nd hand Exposure amp & cd (don't know which models) and liked it best on day, at time I thought it was too expensive for my needs but in any event it was already sold.
Also listened to a Cyrus amp which sounded nice but when I heard it with a Cyrus CD transport (?) i felt music sounded slower/stodgy but that was probably only to my untrained ear.
There are 2 Primare amps advertised on this site, so I might check into them.
Any other opinions would be greatly appreciated and welcomed as would offers of equipment for sale.
All suggestions/opinions are re amps, what should i consider re cd players.
thanks again.