Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Gerry D

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by Gerry D »

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
markof

Post by markof »

Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
markof

Post by markof »

Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Seán

Post by Seán »

On the TT:

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
tony

Post by tony »

I know this one is well known and posted often but really starting to appreciate it more and more. With the exception of live evil I think I prefer the soft miles davis stuff rather than the screechy stuff.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
dhyantyke

Post by dhyantyke »

tony wrote:Image

I know this one is well known and posted often but really starting to appreciate it more and more. With the exception of live evil I think I prefer the soft miles davis stuff rather than the screechy stuff.
I'm with you there, soft over screechy any day!
Seán

Post by Seán »

tony wrote:
I prefer the soft miles davis stuff rather than the screechy stuff.
Do you have Kind of Blue, Somethin' Else or Birth of the Cool? They are lovely. And then there's Cookin', Steamin', Workin', & Relaxin' and after that...............
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
tony

Post by tony »

Seán wrote: Do you have Kind of Blue, Somethin' Else or Birth of the Cool? They are lovely. And then there's Cookin', Steamin', Workin', & Relaxin' and after that...............
The only one missing from the above list is 'steamin,workin,relaxin' available for €6.99 on play. I have the following plus probably hires stuff that I would need to check.
Bitches Brew,Cookin with the miles davis quartet,Live Evil,Miles Away,On the Corner,Porgy&Bess,Round About Midnight,Nefertiti and Tutu
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

And if I may put in a word for "Someday my Prince Will Come", which was my introduction to Miles Davis. That's a cracking album, non-screechy.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
tony

Post by tony »

Diapason wrote:And if I may put in a word for "Someday my Prince Will Come", which was my introduction to Miles Davis. That's a cracking album, non-screechy.
Hope Miles isn't turning in his grave maybe that was a tad over the top as a description of some of his work? Anyway thanks Simon another one to add to the list to try