Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
dhyantyke

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by dhyantyke »

Seán

Post by Seán »

Image Image

Both cds were recorded live at the Olympia, Bob Brookmeyer (valve trombone) Mulligan (baritine sax) and Zoot feature on both cds, it is timeless and wonderful music-making by this ensemble.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Seán

Post by Seán »

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

On the Clearaudio TT:

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Seán wrote:Image

I've just this minute put that on in the shop... having had Porgy & Bess on repeat since about 3pm!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Seán

Post by Seán »

Ivor wrote:
Seán wrote:Image

I've just this minute put that on in the shop... having had Porgy & Bess on repeat since about 3pm!
Good man Ivor, it is wonderful music, timeless really.
Seán

Post by Seán »

and now, gently spinning at 33⅓ and filling the room with the lovely sound of Wheeler's flugelhorn is Deer Wan:

Seán

Post by Seán »

and as the evening draws to a close on another late night's listening session, it's time to wrap it up with a lovely Jazz LP:

Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford