Price increases on Amazon!!!!!!!!!

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
dhyantyke

Price increases on Amazon!!!!!!!!!

Post by dhyantyke »

Check price changes before ordering:
I was just cruising through my wish list on Amazon (uk) only to find some horrendous surprises: price increases of 100%, 105%, 75% on three consecutive items. Judy Sill increased 76%...maybe due to reviews here?!!
A good proportion are showing significant increases, which seems unusual. Is there something happening?
dhyantyke

Re: Price increases on Amazon!!!!!!!!!

Post by dhyantyke »

I got a bit of a bee in my bonnet on this one and finally got to talk with a very reasonable customer relations guy at Amazon (third human and a few automated responses later)
It seems that at the end of summer sale season and beginning of christmas shopping season,which apparently is now, (incredibly to me), there is a trend to increased prices. Prices are often then lowered again later in xmas promos/sales.
The thing to watch out for, and I think is a bit tricksy, is that price reductions are CONSISTENTLY flagged in your wish list, whereas price increases are only flagged once so its easy to overlook. When you are talking about in some cases over 100% increases it's worth watching imo
Dane

Re: Price increases on Amazon!!!!!!!!!

Post by Dane »

I noticed that too but it gets worse. Where a budget issue has kept the price down the charge for an MP3 download is higher than a new disc fulfilled by Amazon. They seem to be losing their marbles!