Recent Purchases

bombasticDarren

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by bombasticDarren »

fergus wrote:
bombasticDarren wrote:Image
There have been a few aquisitions recently....back on the purchasing trail again Darren?!?!
Only modestly Fergus. I expect that's how it will go for me from now on - there's a limit to how much new stuff I can handle!
fergus

Post by fergus »

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

Dane

Post by Dane »

Just lucky to get this at a modest price and have to admit that Klemperer gives a sizzling performance. I hadn't liked the work from radio listenings but this one was so compelling.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Dane wrote:Image

Just lucky to get this at a modest price and have to admit that Klemperer gives a sizzling performance. I hadn't liked the work from radio listenings but this one was so compelling.
Yes, I definitely think that it would be interesting to hear that one.
Jared

Post by Jared »

I'm, not really in the market for much new material at the moment, but this one has been at the top of my wishlist for some time now, and the price just dropped by nearly £4... I'm really looking forward to hearing it.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared

Post by Jared »

this is just an observation and an open question really.

would I be right in thinking that most of us here, if we haven't completely stopped, have at least slowed down on the number of new disks we are buying? that is the sense I get, at any rate. I am probably going through a phase of consolidation, enjoying my collection and supplementing it with well thought through additions. of course, there is much music I would still like to hear, but over the past few months, I have been digging out recordings I have not heard in a while, rather than adding much to the 'to be listened to' pile.

what have you been up to?
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

In my case no, but then again I think most you would be appalled at my paltry collection.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
fergus

Post by fergus »

I have not slowed down either....yet. However that point is not that far away. I have a very specific Wish List of all of the music that I "need" in my collection. I specifically remember at some point early last year there were 723 CDs on that list. There are now less than 50. I do not know whether I will ever get to buy all of the remaining items on that list as some of them are ridiculously expensive. But when I get down to that stage soon I will stop. I will then but the versions that I "want" occasionally but I will then enter the consolidation phase that you are in Jared.