Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
dhyantyke

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by dhyantyke »

Thanks for posting that review. The "inevitability" of picking up this box set referred to in the second paragraph I'm afraid is prophetic......another one for the wish list.!! I have all but one of the other recordings listed so.....sheep, lamb..
cybot

Post by cybot »

dhyantyke wrote:Thanks for posting that review. The "inevitability" of picking up this box set referred to in the second paragraph I'm afraid is prophetic......another one for the wish list.!! I have all but one of the other recordings listed so.....sheep, lamb..
That's what we're here for :)
tony

Post by tony »

Listening through old fashioned cdp. This is great I don't care if anybody thinks it is supermarket jazz.( I don't know as I aint got a clue whats hip and whats pop in jazz)

GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Seán

Post by Seán »

tony wrote:Listening through old fashioned cdp. This is great I don't care if anybody thinks it is supermarket jazz.( I don't know as I aint got a clue whats hip and whats pop in jazz)
and neither do I. ;)
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

Image Image
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
tony

Post by tony »

Seán wrote:Image Image
Think I will have to raid your jazz stash at some stage. Any suggestions have turned up trumps.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Seán

Post by Seán »

tony wrote:
Seán wrote:Image Image
Think I will have to raid your jazz stash at some stage. Any suggestions have turned up trumps.
I am delighted to hear it, thank you. The NYJQ albums above are well worth having: Frank Wess (flute & tenor sax) and Roland Hanna (pianos) shine throughout.
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
Seán

Post by Seán »

Gerry D wrote:Image
That's a lovely album
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

Yeah Sean. I really like it.
Yet to find anything with Charlie Haden that isn't very good.

I'm also listening to lot's of Andy Sheppard stuff these days. I'm a big fan of his ...
... and he's done some fantastic collaborations ...

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford