I just bought the B&W P3....

Diapason

Re: I just bought the B&W P3....

Post by Diapason »

This may or may not be useful. I don't know much about headphones!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/618255/check-o ... ying-guide
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

I actually tried on those P3's in the shop on Saturday. I thought they were extremely comfortable but I didnt have time to listen to them. Since my old Grado S60's are falling apart I was considering a pair of the P3's. It's just for a laptop anyway so I think the Superlux headphones are the ones to go for. I heard them at Frans place one time and they were really good.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
kronosav

Post by kronosav »

sdiesel77

Post by sdiesel77 »

I still have my Klipsch X10i which are really good so I'll keep them until I ll find better.

Tubes & Vinyls are making life brighter..
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I bought a pair of Dre "Beats" Solo in Cloney's for my son and I have to say they're bloody impressive! Not exactly neutral but certainly engaging. Ideal for phone/MP3 player use but perhaps not for serious hifi.

The iPhone features don't work 100% on android phones but that's no biggie.

http://www.cloneystore.com/headphones/beats-solo.html

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

[quote="Ivor"]I bought a pair of Dre "Beats" Solo in Cloney's for my son and I have to say they're bloody impressive! Not exactly neutral but certainly engaging. Ideal for phone/MP3 player use but perhaps not for serious hifi.

Would second that.Got to hear them on holidays a friend has a pair. They remind me of HD650 except they are been driven by an ipod. Best sound I have heard from an ipod. You will be really hip with the beats. Cloneys price is very good. Superlux are grand I have a pair but they may not work great with an ipod. I think they come with a big connector also. Will give mine a try on the ipod if I can find the reducer.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sdiesel77

Post by sdiesel77 »

Actually, I will mainly use these headphones at work plugged in my laptop
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote: Best sound I have heard from an ipod.
Well my son uses flac or uncompressed files on an Android phone so they should sound good. He's had Sony (spit) and Sennheisers but they were never too robust. The Beats fold up and are pretty tough (so far)
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

sdiesel77 wrote:Actually, I will mainly use these headphones at work plugged in my laptop
Same logic as ipod/android phone applies to the sound coming from the laptop. Try them out on your laptop in cloneys at least you will then know for definite what quality you are going to get.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sdiesel77

Post by sdiesel77 »

tony wrote:
sdiesel77 wrote:Actually, I will mainly use these headphones at work plugged in my laptop
Same logic as ipod/android phone applies to the sound coming from the laptop. Try them out on your laptop in cloneys at least you will then know for definite what quality you are going to get.
I've tried the Beats Studio High-Definition last weekend before buying the B&W and although they sound good, they were delivery too much bass for me. :(