What are you listening to?

Jose Echenique

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Jose Echenique »

Seán wrote:
Jose Echenique wrote:but even if you detect an almost negligible French accent in the likes of Véronique Gens and Sandrine Piau, it´s very sexy.
The one great thing that the French have going for them is a beautiful language and as a result they invariably speak English with a sexy accent.
That and great food :-)
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Got there before me, Jose. They're handy at wine too.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Seán

Post by Seán »

DaveF wrote:Image
I haven't listened to that set for some time, I know that Fergus likes it, I must play it again over the weekend.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Listened to the fascinating Quartet 11: seven short movements played attacca.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:
DaveF wrote:Image
I haven't listened to that set for some time, I know that Fergus likes it, I must play it again over the weekend.

Indeed I do Seán. The Shostakovich string quartets along with the Beethoven string quartets should be in every collection I think.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

sticking with Shostakovich this evening.

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Symphonies No.1 & 2

Jose Echenique

Post by Jose Echenique »

Giovanni Simone Mayr is best remembered as Donizetti´s teacher, but he was a well known and popular composer in the first decades of the XIX Century. Born and trained in Germany, he moved to Italy where he took over from Cimarosa and Paisiello with success.
The label Oehms has recorded live 4 of his operas in small Swiss theaters with success. Demetrio is probably the last of the cycle, and we should be grateful for the opportunity to hear them.
bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

Sibelius - Symphony No.1 (Jukka-Pekka Saraste, Finnish Radio Symphony Orchestra, Warner Apex)