Sunday Afternoon Sessions at Cloney's.

JFK

Re: Sunday Afternoon Sessions at Cloney's.

Post by JFK »

Guys , Is anyone attending this Sundays session ? Im planning to be there around 2.30pm
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Can't make this Sunday, but looking forward to full report.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
tony

Post by tony »

Got to hear the Kharmas today when I called to Cloneys. Really beautiful looking,understated compared to avantgardes. I was borrowing a Jadis Orchestra to try and Noel gave me a listen. Lovely natural sound. I thought at the kronos show that the dcs/kharma system while very detailed would be fatiguing for long listens. I could happily live with these speakers after hearing them in a relaxed environment. Of course the cost brought me back to reality and I trundled off with my orchestra. Really nice amp. Total change of sound from the cyrus 8xp. Sorry now I didnt blag a listen to the leben cs300's when he had them in stock.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Derek

Post by Derek »

Hi Tony
I thought the dCS gear was being used with Focals along the line of:
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
tony

Post by tony »

You are more than likely right as Kronos sell Focal. I can never tell but no doubt the focals are very distinctive in that picture. Embarassingly I thought the new kharmas in cloneys were a pair of wilson sophia's!
Last edited by tony on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Tony, nice photo of the DCS / Focal combination at the Kronos Dublin Hi-Fi Show in the latest HiFi+ magazine.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
tony

Post by tony »

I think I can accept that evidence as fact and admit I cant tell me kharmas from me focals but hey I am a big spendor
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

So, any feedback?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
JFK

Post by JFK »

Unfortunately i could not make it .. Did anyone manage to get there ?
fergus

Post by fergus »

I was there for a period but I cannot really comment on the speakers because from the moment that I walked into the room all of my focus and questions were concentrated on the heavily modified Linn Sondek turntable that was being used as part of the demonstration. I would say that I was not alone there either!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra