What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Ivor

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by Ivor »

I'v been meaning to get some this guys stuff for a while and in a passing visit to my local Oxfam shop found this for €5. I've had it on in the shop and it's very good but really, the lyrics are as dumb as a box of particularly dumb frogs. Maybe repeated listens will bring huge insights into them.

His new one " Be Good" seems to be a cracker.

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

My first Lp from Tower in almost 5 months! An unexpected trip there today saw me visit the capital for the first time since my accident! However it was only Tower Easons I managed to visit. I was pleasantly surprised at their vinyl selection! Can't wait to revisit my old haunts next time I'm up :)

JAW

Post by JAW »

cybot wrote:My first Lp from Tower in almost 5 months! An unexpected trip there today saw me visit the capital for the first time since my accident! However it was only Tower Easons I managed to visit. I was pleasantly surprised at their vinyl selection! Can't wait to revisit my old haunts next time I'm up :)

Great news Dermot! Congratulations! The recession is over for Tower!!!! Coincidentally, I was watching this last night. I wonder if it is the same concert?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4e2VgycfSw
cybot

Post by cybot »

JAW wrote:
cybot wrote:My first Lp from Tower in almost 5 months! An unexpected trip there today saw me visit the capital for the first time since my accident! However it was only Tower Easons I managed to visit. I was pleasantly surprised at their vinyl selection! Can't wait to revisit my old haunts next time I'm up :)

Great news Dermot! Congratulations! The recession is over for Tower!!!! Coincidentally, I was watching this last night. I wonder if it is the same concert?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4e2VgycfSw
Ha ha thanks Johnny! I didn't even know about this concert until I saw it today. When I got home I accidentally found out that the full concert was available on YT!!!!! All 35 minutes of it lol So, to answer your question, it is indeed the same concert! See Soul Dressing highlight clip from same concert. Warning: video quality is poor. Dig that Tele sound :)

cybot

Post by cybot »

One from a while back, the other this morning....

Peter Broderick - Three sided vinyl + cd

Richard Skelton - Verse of Birds - Double CD
Claus

Post by Claus »

Tower's vinyl section is getting pretty good. Very expensive visit though:

Jazz should be in the bag section but what the hey!

Warning: Stay away from "Heartbreaker" on vinyl. The pressing is terrible! Will try and return it to Tower tomorrow...
cybot

Post by cybot »

Arrived this morning direct from Invisible Birds. Recommended to me by none other than Richard Skelton himself! He contacted me last week to let me know that he bought himself a temporary turntable and an Lp that I recommended to him (Aestuarium). He was really impressed with it so he returned the compliment....

Ingenting Kollectiva Lp - Fragments of Night
Seán

Post by Seán »

Claus wrote:Tower's vinyl section is getting pretty good. Very expensive visit though:
Jazz should be in the bag section but what the hey!

Ah Rab and the Frog, lovely!
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Been looking forward to getting this since Derek played it at TLS, and it arrived this morning. Wonder how it will sound at home...?

Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote: Wonder how it will sound at home...?
It will sound amazing.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable