Re: Recent Purchases

Post by fergus »

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Don't worry Ciaran, I doubt it will be my last 1610 Vespers whether I like this recording or not.

Fergus, I thought you had that disc above already?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:Image
Do give us a good report on that one Fergus as I have it in my amazon basket at the moment. In particular let me know what the balance is like between the choir and the orchestra. For this Requiem I prefer it when the orchestra just whispers above the choir on occasion but never being too dominant.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

Diapason wrote: Fergus, I thought you had that disc above already?
No Simon. Herreweghe recorded this work twice and the one that I bought not so long ago was the later or full orchestra version. By way of contrast this is the “Madeline” version, original version or smaller forces version. I wanted to have both versions.
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:
fergus wrote:Image
Do give us a good report on that one Fergus as I have it in my amazon basket at the moment. In particular let me know what the balance is like between the choir and the orchestra. For this Requiem I prefer it when the orchestra just whispers above the choir on occasion but never being too dominant.

Will do Dave....I am particularly looking forward to hearing it.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

fergus wrote:
Diapason wrote: Fergus, I thought you had that disc above already?
No Simon. Herreweghe recorded this work twice and the one that I bought not so long ago was the later or full orchestra version. By way of contrast this is the “Madeline” version, original version or smaller forces version. I wanted to have both versions.
Ah yes, of course. Look forward to report.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Seán

Post by Seán »

DaveF wrote:Image
As I was sayiing over in the "What are you..." thread I am sorely tempted to get that set.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

To complete the set....

Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:To complete the set....

It's a fine set too, enjoy.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler