Martin Logan Ascent, HUGE price reduction.!SOLD!

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Vorious

Martin Logan Ascent, HUGE price reduction.!SOLD!

Post by Vorious »

I have found an ideal replacement for the Logans at a keen price that fit my new requirements better, so I am willing to accept below the odds for the Ascents in the interest of moving them on.

Brief re-cap, Martin Logan Ascent electrostatic speakers, good condition but not mint, Maple side cheeks. Can be supplied with boxes although not the original boxes (from a pair of SL3's that I used to own.)

These are absolutely magnificent speakers, particularly good with valves.

On the floor price for a quick sale €750 ,
they'd be worth twice that on E-bay but not interested in all the messing about & shipping to UK bla bla.

Give me a shout on 0874148320 to discuss

looking for a quick cash sale, no messing about, "will they work well in my system, can I have them for demo for a month etc etc," they're for nothing at €750, if you don't like them, sell them on for €1000!
Last edited by Vorious on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
willsandbills

Re: Martin Logan Ascent, HUGE price reduction.Be quick!

Post by willsandbills »

im interested ill send you a txt now and maybe talk tmoro
Vorious

Post by Vorious »

Provisionally sold, to be collected this evening. Told you guys to be quick!

If any changes I will notify on here.

Thanks to everyone for your interest.
Vorious

Post by Vorious »

Sold!

Happy listening to the new owner. You got a bargain there!
Frankie Lee

Re: Martin Logan Ascent, HUGE price reduction.!SOLD!

Post by Frankie Lee »

So jealous :)
Check out our new iPad app: http://www.lowdownmtb.com
thedon1989

Post by thedon1989 »

Vorious wrote:Sold!

Thanks for that pair. I have them going now as follows: Opus21 >> Emotiva XPA-2 >> ML Ascents. Still breaking in the amp as it were, but I can tell you I am in heaven!
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Great stuff, thedon, that's a nice setup!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Seán

Post by Seán »

thedon1989 wrote:
Vorious wrote:Sold!

Thanks for that pair. I have them going now as follows: Opus21 >> Emotiva XPA-2 >> ML Ascents. Still breaking in the amp as it were, but I can tell you I am in heaven!
Lovey set-up, congratulations and enjoy.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Vorious

Post by Vorious »

I'm absolutely delighted to hear that! I love it when hi-fi goes on to a good home. and the Opus 21 & Martin Logans are re-united again! haha

You definitely got a bargain there, but I got the replacements I was looking for at good prices, so that was passed on......everyones a winner!

I'll let you know when I have my new set up, up & running, if you fancy coming over for a listen, I'll get the coffee on :)

Cheers,

Greg
thedon1989

Post by thedon1989 »

Vorious wrote:I'm absolutely delighted to hear that! I love it when hi-fi goes on to a good home. and the Opus 21 & Martin Logans are re-united again! haha

You definitely got a bargain there, but I got the replacements I was looking for at good prices, so that was passed on......everyones a winner!

I'll let you know when I have my new set up, up & running, if you fancy coming over for a listen, I'll get the coffee on :)

Cheers,

Greg
Good to hear you got what you were looking for, as you said everyone is a winner. I can tell you I have since added a cheap DAC, emotiva's XDA-1 [cheap as chips at €150], and all that music on my PC has found a whole new life. I am not sure what people are looking for when they say the ML Ascents lack base, in my room it has not sounded lacking in that department either [spare a thought for the neighbours] even with cheap subwoofer jumpers. So far I have thrown everything on this set-up, classical, R'nB, pop, good old african tunes, reggae and I have been mightly impressed. And now, Foobar can play SACDs and DVD-A's its happy days all round! If you are ever in Thurles, you are free to pop in for a listen and tea [if pushed I may rustle up some coffee yes]. Your experience might even be of use on tweaking a few things. And as a tea addict, I cant really refuse your offer; would be curious to hear the ML replacements too.