Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
fergus

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by fergus »

JAW wrote:I went to the Academy the last time. He certainly wasn't there that night. The (excellent) band played everything and he did very occasional fills. It may have just been a bad night, but I wouldn't bet on it.
The reason that I played the CD was that I am constantly listening to the ad. for the upcoming gig. I would love to have seen him in his prime but I will unfortunately go with the above comments and give this one a miss too.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

Listening to this heartfelt tribute to Peter from Gary; it's a big surprise despite the fact that Gary's voice just irritates the hell out of me! But his playing is truly magnificent and he gets plenty of mileage from Peter's very own Les Paul.... And yes, I bought a ticket for Sunday's concert!!!! If it's good I'll report back (highly unlikely) otherwise I'll just revel in the presence of the great man.... BTW if you haven't heard the album below you should......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... 53&sr=8-10
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

just in the door and put this one on. I picked up this 'Friday Music' version this evening(thanks cybot) as my original second hand copy had side 2 scratched. Expensive but it definitly has the better sonics over my other copy.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:Image

just in the door and put this one on. I picked up this 'Friday Music' version this evening(thanks cybot) as my original second hand copy had side 2 scratched. Expensive but it definitly has the better sonics over my other copy.
Brilliant stuff Dave and delighted to know you're happy with it :-))) Now fergus am I still a bad influence??
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:
DaveF wrote:just in the door and put this one on. I picked up this 'Friday Music' version this evening(thanks cybot) as my original second hand copy had side 2 scratched. Expensive but it definitly has the better sonics over my other copy.
Brilliant stuff Dave and delighted to know you're happy with it :-))) Now fergus am I still a bad influence??
You have your moments Dermot....!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
JAW

Post by JAW »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:
DaveF wrote:just in the door and put this one on. I picked up this 'Friday Music' version this evening(thanks cybot) as my original second hand copy had side 2 scratched. Expensive but it definitly has the better sonics over my other copy.
You have your moments Dermot....!!!
I think he's on a retainer from Tower. :-))

This is putting a smile on my face tonight. Imaginative lyrics, quirky, always interesting. In fact, I wish I was hearing it for the first time again!

cybot

Post by cybot »

JAW wrote:

I think he's on a retainer from Tower. :-))
This is putting a smile on my face tonight. Imaginative lyrics, quirky, always interesting. In fact, I wish I was hearing it for the first time again!

LOL Glad to hear you're enjoying Cathy. BTW how are you getting on with the seminal CCR....dare I ask :-)))
cybot

Post by cybot »

Inspired by the arrival of Metal Machine Music I'll be listening to this tonight.Hard to believe it was recorded
in 1964?!?!!?

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Not one of his most memorable albums but I do enjoy this whenever played. Nice and relaxing from start to finish. Sounds great on Lp too.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:Image

Not one of his most memorable albums but I do enjoy this whenever played. Nice and relaxing from start to finish. Sounds great on Lp too.
Still haven't played it! Will have to dig it out soon. Thanks for reminding me Dave!!