Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
fergus

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:....the later stuff wasn't the same,was it? Although at the time it was....
I suppose that the later stuff does not have the raw spontaneity of the early albums....but I suppose that is what happens when bands evolve over time and bring in new members with new ideas. I tend to think of Phil in three different phases....the earlier "street" stuff, the later more "polished" efforts and the solo career. I like both the raw and polished eras but I must confess that I never took to his solo efforts.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:
fergus wrote:
cybot wrote: BTW which Wishbone Ash song is your personal favourite? ....
I really like both Time Was and Sometime World from the above album Dermot.

Good choices fergus...
I always find it difficult to pick "favourites" as these do change over time and with different moods.
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:....the later stuff wasn't the same,was it? Although at the time it was....
I suppose that the later stuff does not have the raw spontaneity of the early albums....but I suppose that is what happens when bands evolve over time and bring in new members with new ideas. I tend to think of Phil in three different phases....the earlier "street" stuff, the later more "polished" efforts and the solo career. I like both the raw and polished eras but I must confess that I never took to his solo efforts.
Nicely summed up fergus; As regards the solo efforts I wouldn't know as I never took the opportunity to find out...
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
fergus wrote: BTW which Wishbone Ash song is your personal favourite? ....
I really like both Time Was and Sometime World from the above album Dermot.

Good choices fergus...[/quote]

I always find it difficult to pick "favourites" as these do change over time and with different moods.[/quote]

Exactly... Somebody ask me last week what was my favourite album of all time and I went completely blank.All I could blubber was...' it depends on the Economy ha ha' :-))
fergus

Post by fergus »

Donovan: Open Road....

cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:Donovan: Open Road....

I wouldn't know very much about Donovan but I don't remember ever seeing that particular
sleeve. BTW what's he doing?
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:
fergus wrote:Donovan: Open Road....

I wouldn't know very much about Donovan but I don't remember ever seeing that particular
sleeve. BTW what's he doing?
I was/still am a very big fan of Donovan and that was one of the earliest cassettes that I bought many years ago (obviously then acquired the CD). It is a very good album from around 1970.

What is he doing?....judging from the way they are dressed in the photo probably chewing the tops of his fingers to check if he has frostbite!!!
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

picked this one up on vinyl recently. Surely one of the best 'live' rock records available.

Last edited by DaveF on Sun May 09, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:picked this one up on vinyl recently. Surely one of the best 'live' rock records available.

Sorry Dave can't see the cover...
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

I've changed the link cybot.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP