What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
tweber

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by tweber »

went to HMV on friday. Usually make most purchases on line but they had these reduced so couldn't pass em by!
and

Also picked up the new Dr. John and Alabama shakes for my brother's birthday.

Happy with the purchases so far :-)
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

bod wrote:Image

On vinyl of course! Great cock-rock with the filthiest lyrics this side of NWA :-)
Asian hooker is probably the subtlest track.....
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

on a patented "hit & run" into Freebird I picked up, all on CD...

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I'd be very interested in what you think of blunderbuss Ivor. Was thinknig of picking it up - was it available on vinyl?
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:I'd be very interested in what you think of blunderbuss Ivor. Was thinknig of picking it up - was it available on vinyl?
I love it (quick listen) but then I love everything that young whipper snapper does. Lovely production too. I think I saw it on vinyl in Tower.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Ivor wrote:
Fran wrote:I'd be very interested in what you think of blunderbuss Ivor. Was thinknig of picking it up - was it available on vinyl?
I love it (quick listen) but then I love everything that young whipper snapper does. Lovely production too. I think I saw it on vinyl in Tower.
I picked it up on vinyl last weekend in Freebird. Tower had plenty of copies just inside the door too. Its a pretty good album alright, a few weird tracks that will take time to grow on me but the lad has talent no doubt.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Modest

Post by Modest »

This morning postman was very kind and brought me nice LP of Paul Buchanan new album Mid Air.
Tasty ,relaxing album http://paulbuchanan.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PkffRc4BxA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q6iuW-P ... re=related
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
JAW

Post by JAW »

No surprise I got this today! On first hearing it's got that loose feel he got on Mirrorball with Pearl Jam, everybody having loads of fun. Reaffirms my conviction that Crazy Horse are the best garage band ever!!!

cybot

Post by cybot »

JAW wrote:No surprise I got this today! On first hearing it's got that loose feel he got on Mirrorball with Pearl Jam, everybody having loads of fun. Reaffirms my conviction that Crazy Horse are the best garage band ever!!!

Have a glorious weekend listening to the Crazy gang Johnny :)
tony

Post by tony »

Got these over the last while .The first one is making the most impression initially.

GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.