Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
jadarin

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by jadarin »

cybot wrote:
jadarin wrote:Here's a link for a good Flac sample of:
Extra Patience (After Sebald)
by The Caretaker .
Available for free for a limited time. Extra tracks taken from the soundtrack of the Grant Gee film "Patience (After Sebald)
http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=& ... v91cElVg6Q
Got that a while ago but I inadvertantly deleted it by mistake! Forgot about bandcamp! Now I can listen to it properly :) Thanks a million John!

Edit: Have you listened to the Theoretically Pure Anterograde Amnesia download - all 72 memories :) That was my first introduction to Kirby's muse and he hasn't come anywhere near it since IMO It's my firm favourite too....It actually came out as a 6 cd box set !!!! I pleaded with him to bring out a double Lp version of it but he said it was difficult to pull off successfully....
Dermot, I listened to alot of this album on bandcamp site just on the computer...Sounds very good and very very familiar.I've spent more time reading his interviews which are very interesting to say the least..Bandcamp's good value for downloads if you can find music that you like on the site. The Caretaker 72 track download is only £6..
Here's another free download i found on the bandcamp site of leyland kirby ...V/vm: White death..I've only gave it a quick listen so i can't comment on how good or bad it is...http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=& ... Gf97vFtyDw
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

ImageThe caretaker an empty bliss beyond this world
]
People should have a listen to this.This is the opening track form the album above...Very easy on the ear,but listen on a good system and the album nearly paralyzes
you in your seat...
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:ImageThe caretaker an empty bliss beyond this world
]
People should have a listen to this.This is the opening track form the album above...Very easy on the ear,but listen on a good system and the album nearly paralyzes
you in your seat...
Nicely put John :) Could you imagine playing that at a hi-fi gathering LOL Bandcamp is brilliant too by the way....
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:
cybot wrote:
Edit: Have you listened to the Theoretically Pure Anterograde Amnesia download - all 72 memories :) That was my first introduction to Kirby's muse and he hasn't come anywhere near it since IMO It's my firm favourite too....It actually came out as a 6 cd box set !!!! I pleaded with him to bring out a double Lp version of it but he said it was difficult to pull off successfully....
Dermot, I listened to alot of this album on bandcamp site just on the computer...Sounds very good and very very familiar.I've spent more time reading his interviews which are very interesting to say the least..Bandcamp's good value for downloads if you can find music that you like on the site. The Caretaker 72 track download is only £6..
Here's another free download i found on the bandcamp site of leyland kirby ...V/vm: White death..I've only gave it a quick listen so i can't comment on how good or bad it is...http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=& ... Gf97vFtyDw
Thanks for the link. Looks very interesting indeed :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:
cybot wrote:
jadarin wrote:Image

Have been meaning to get the Ghosts Lp a while now. Is it any good?
I've given this a good few listens and it's quite good.Sort of a jungle/tribal feel to the music with great beats that drive the music on.
While he creates these great sounds that keeps on grabbing your attention....
Somehow missed this! I actually have a 12" on Progressive Form in a mad silver cover from the man who is Monolake! Robert Henke is his real name. I had a listen to the Ghosts Lp and I love it! Minimal beats with loads going on underneath. Reminds me of Plastikman....Thanks for the tip :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote: Here's another free download i found on the bandcamp site of leyland kirby ...V/vm: White death..I've only gave it a quick listen so i can't comment on how good or bad it is...http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=& ... Gf97vFtyDw
Listened to the link John and I was mightily surprised! I always imagined his earlier stuff was just cheesy disco stuff. I was wrong! That's some find and it's free too :) Thanks again....
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

cybot wrote:
jadarin wrote: Here's another free download i found on the bandcamp site of leyland kirby ...V/vm: White death..I've only gave it a quick listen so i can't comment on how good or bad it is...http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=& ... Gf97vFtyDw
Listened to the link John and I was mightily surprised! I always imagined his earlier stuff was just cheesy disco stuff. I was wrong! That's some find and it's free too :) Thanks again....
That's some recording.I couldn't get to bed last night,one more time and i'm going to bed i said to myself i don't know how many times..
and giving it away for free..
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:
cybot wrote:
That's some recording.I couldn't get to bed last night,one more time and i'm going to bed i said to myself i don't know how many times..
and giving it away for free..
Exactly!!!! I'm still in shock for the simple reason I wasn't familiar with his V/vm guise at all....maybe that particular album was just a one off.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Jadarin/John,

What do you think of this? Who does it remind you of?

Indignant Senility : Plays Wagner....

cybot

Post by cybot »

Beautiful vinyl only edition Taiga Records. Bonkers as hell and I love it :)))))

Wired Open Day 2009 is a vinyl-only release documenting live performances by Alan Lamb, Garry Bradbury, David Burraston, Oren Ambarchi and Robin Fox. Held outdoors during the evening of October 31 at The WIRED Lab, in rural South West, New South Wales, Australia, this 2xLP is a document of the event; the result of an artist in residence program to explore the sonic possibilities of The Wires, landscape scale installations in rural NSW.
The WIRED Lab is an artist run initiative founded in 2007 to foster art/science collaborations in a rural environment. The initial focus of this project was to establish a site to preserve and expand on The Wires a distinctly Australian invention that was pioneered by Australian artist Alan Lamb since the 1970’s. wiredlab.org notes that, “Lamb’s formal investigations of The Wires started in 1976 with his discovery of a 1km stretch of abandoned telegraph wires on a farm in the Great Southern region of Western Australia... Lamb learnt to record them and later devised compositions with these recordings. When these telegraph lines eventually decayed, Lamb commenced building wire installations primarily for recording. Like the scale of the original telegraph wires, these purpose built wire installations were not of a domestic scale, they too had a deep connection with nature and spanned 100’s of metres across the rural landscape. Although principally functioning like a giant æolian harp, it is not only wind that ‘plays’ The Wires, it seems that on their own accord The Wires often harmonically ‘sing’, vibrate or roar as they react to environmental factors, thereby creating a unique and infinite instrumentation of itself and its surrounds, in the words of David Burraston “... they are nature's microphone”.
The 4 sides of Wired Open Day 2009 display the expansive range of the Wire installations built by The Wired Lab. Commencing at sunset, Garry Bradbury and Alan Lamb coax a gentle eco with acoustic recordings into deep and sonorous reverberations on side A. David Burraston and Alan Lamb focus on droplets of zaps and wire oscillations at twilight, with side B culminating in a downpour of crackling spray. At nightfall, Oren Ambarchi applies his mastery of condensed and layered tones on side C, with shuddering overtones, husky drones and rich clusters of sustain. Robin Fox concludes, in the dark, on side D, mashing off-kilter rhythms with a tumble of staccato bursts and fuzzy crunch.
An edition of 500 double LPs in hand-numbered matte-varnished Stoughton tip-on gatefold jackets, Wired Open Day 2009 was mastered by James Plotkin, cut direct to metal and pressed on 200g virgin vinyl. This release features photographs from the site and text by Sarah Last, founder of The WIRED Lab and Curator of Wired Open Day 2009.

Total running time: 75 min.

TAIGA 19
Alan Lamb, Garry Bradbury, David Burraston, Oren Ambarchi & Robin Fox
Wired Open Day 2009 2xLP
Alan Lamb & Garry Bradbury
Alan Lamb & David Burraston
Oren Ambarchi Robin Fox 5 June 2012
The WIRED Lab: wiredlab.org