Espresso machine - any thoughts?

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Ivor

Re: Espresso machine - any thoughts?

Post by Ivor »

of course you could just use this grinder... http://mountainize.com/chris-hack-how-t ... le-camping
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Claus

Post by Claus »

Ha ha nice one! Thanks for the storage suggestions. After the worst cup from a bag of overpriced Roberts coffee, any old grinder will probably do. Sorry to be a moan but the coffee prices in this country are reaching extortion levels.... The Tesco own brand has just gone up around 50%!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I still find Nick in Ranelagh to be the best all round quality/price balance. €17 for a kilo of the finest espresso blend around.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Dont know if you purchased Claus but expert have the gaggia classic at €299. Not sure if that is a good price. It is advertised in the papers this week. You know the usual electrical store handouts.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Gregorio

Post by Gregorio »

Hi guys. anyone know of any Dublin stores that stock Gaggia descaling solution?.It is nigh on impossible to find!..Or anything else that might do the trick?. My baby Gaggia is barely trickling through!...G
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

I've bought Gaggia descaler from Brown Thomas, but not recently so I don't know if they still stock it.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Gregorio wrote:Hi guys. anyone know of any Dublin stores that stock Gaggia descaling solution?.It is nigh on impossible to find!..Or anything else that might do the trick?. My baby Gaggia is barely trickling through!...G
Kenilworth Electrical in Harold's Cross stock it or http://www.gaggia.ie/range/accessories/ in Citywest.

Gregorio

Post by Gregorio »

Thanks guys. BT's keep a De Longhi 'kit' which includes some descaling solution. Hit and miss stock wise though. The salesperson said they don't get asked for it often (!). The Nespresso bandits have taken over I reckon!. I will give Kenilworth a shout. G