What are you listening to?

DaveF

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:M7 was a wonderfully assertive, almost bombastic version of a work that can be difficult to come to terms with.
I read somewhere(think it was the Gustav Mahler forum), that there will be a new M7 release from Ivan Fisher sometime this year. Might be one to watch out for.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:
fergus wrote:M7 was a wonderfully assertive, almost bombastic version of a work that can be difficult to come to terms with.
I read somewhere(think it was the Gustav Mahler forum), that there will be a new M7 release from Ivan Fisher sometime this year. Might be one to watch out for.
M7 is a work that I have found difficult to come to terms with in the past but of late I seem to have got to grips with it more and more....perhaps it is an age thing???
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:Image
First impressions Dave?
fergus

Post by fergus »

Vol. 2 of Captain Hume's Poeticall Musicke....

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:
First impressions Dave?
I thought it was a wonderful recording Fergus and I enjoyed it immensely this evening. It's a piece I'm not all that too familar with yet so it'll surely get a few more listens. The only other version I have is one by Herreweghe and the Orchestre des Champs Elysees. Not able to say which one I'd prefer at this stage.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:
fergus wrote:
First impressions Dave?
I thought it was a wonderful recording Fergus and I enjoyed it immensely this evening. It's a piece I'm not all that too familar with yet so it'll surely get a few more listens. The only other version I have is one by Herreweghe and the Orchestre des Champs Elysees. Not able to say which one I'd prefer at this stage.
I am glad that you liked it Dave, I find it a very good version.
Another that I can strongly recommed for future reference is the Klemperer version on EMI.
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
fergus

Post by fergus »

jaybee wrote:Image
Forgive my ageing eyes JB, but what is that disc please?