Vintage A&R A60 integrated amplifier...

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Dowser

Vintage A&R A60 integrated amplifier...

Post by Dowser »

I have some reservations about letting this go, but a clear out is a clear out, so...

Edit to add: Ivor - need an amp too? :)

Early A&R Cambridge A60 integrated amplifier (serial number 6851) - fully serviced by myself based on Rob's PFM thread at http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... hp?t=53785, replacing all electrolytic caps, key resistors and resetting the bias. Note that this is an early one - a few differences in the early circuit (does not use 78xx series regulators, rather zener diodes - a few cap layout changes too). The early ones also had higher gain, so only first third of volume control is useable on modern sources (fixable via a couple of resistor changes, I never bothered). Inputs are all DIN too.

So internally it is excellent and ready to go for another 30 years. Externally all the metalwork is A1, but the wooden sleeve is challenged, really not helped by me leaving a freshly serviced turntable with leaking bearing on it overnight (oil patch on top). There is also a small piece of wood missing from front right (see photos) - otherwise a strip, sand and re-oil would bring it back to presentable - I just never got around to it.

A great sound from this classic - and they are actually appreciating in price now. It has a very good, and functioning, discrete MM phono stage (later ones swapped to op-amps).

€110 or very near offer. If you're in the market for an integrated but don't want to spend this much, I also have a mint NAD 3020i (last incarnation of another classic) that I would let go instead for €80.

Thanks, Richard
Ivor

Re: Vintage A&R A60 integrated amplifier...

Post by Ivor »

Dowser wrote:
Edit to add: Ivor - need an amp too? :)
No... but if I was!

My first real amp was a Cambridge P50. I high place to start from. Years later when only firing on one channel it powered (beautifully) a passive sub in an early home cinema setup. They are a fantastic amp alright. Somebody is gonna get a bargain.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Seán

Post by Seán »

Dowser wrote:I have some reservations about letting this go, but a clear out is a clear out, so...

Early A&R Cambridge A60 integrated amplifier (serial number 6851) -Thanks, Richard
It's a lovely piece of kit. I bought one in 1977 and sold it 18 months later because I needed the money to upgrade to a Quad pre 33 & 405 amp. I was sorry that I had t sell it but I didn't have the means to hold on to it.

Ah memories!
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
DNT

Post by DNT »

Sorry to hear nobody is biting on either of those. Real vintage stuff. Way back, a friend of mine had an A60 which he bought from Noel Cloney. It was the first time I heard of Noel and I have to say that I have been a regular customer since. I had a NAD 3020 at one stage and hated parting with it also.

Sorry I will not be a customer of yours, I am also doing a clearout, but maybe someone could put your amp with my CD player/tuner and get a really good sound for good value!

Good luck with the sale.

Denis
Dowser

Post by Dowser »

Thanks - now best offer on €90.

Thanks, Richard
JFK

Post by JFK »

Hi Richard , are you open to offers on the NAD 3020 ?
Dowser

Post by Dowser »

Sorry JFK - missed this. Not really, it is part of the kitchen system which my wife likes (and will be worth more in Switzerland than here anyhow :)). For the same reason I will now be keeping the A60 too - they have doubled in value over last 3 years...let's hope they keep appreciating!

Thanks, Richard
JFK

Post by JFK »

Hey , No Problem understand .. Only a mad man would take or sell something that makes the Wife Happy !!

Cheers ..John
DavidMc

Post by DavidMc »

Hi Richard you want the matching tuner?
The whole place is a complete mess. Can't find anything. Right now I'm eating scrambled eggs, with a comb, from a shoe!
Dowser

Post by Dowser »

Hi David - if it's free, and I can slip it into the house without the wife noticing...sure :)

Is it a matching case, and how much do you want for it?

Tahnks, Richard