Stainer's Crucifixion

Diapason

Re: Stainer's Crucifixion

Post by Diapason »

It's one of those things that isn't "difficult" in any real sense, but it's hard to get over the line. Might be a long night tonight!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
fergus

Post by fergus »

Diapason wrote:It's one of those things that isn't "difficult" in any real sense, but it's hard to get over the line. Might be a long night tonight!
The excuses that some guys come up with to get out of changing a nappy!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

I went down to listen to John Stainer’s Crucifixion this evening. It is not a work that I had even heard of let alone heard before. It is a work of its time but I had a very pleasant evening’s listening. The music is not very demanding but it had its moments to be sure. Young Simon acquitted himself very well as he always does with his professional approach and his accompaniment was very sensitive at all times this evening. I had a nice chat with him afterwards in between his signing autographs.

Well done Simon!
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:I went down to listen to John Stainer’s Crucifixion this evening. It is not a work that I had even heard of let alone heard before. It is a work of its time but I had a very pleasant evening’s listening. The music is not very demanding but it had its moments to be sure. Young Simon acquitted himself very well as he always does with his professional approach and his accompaniment was very sensitive at all times this evening. I had a nice chat with him afterwards in between his signing autographs.

Well done Simon!
Did you get one for me Fergus ;) Nice one from the Guns 'n Roses man! Or is it Metallica? Or maybe AC/DC :))))
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:I went down to listen to John Stainer’s Crucifixion this evening. It is not a work that I had even heard of let alone heard before. It is a work of its time but I had a very pleasant evening’s listening. The music is not very demanding but it had its moments to be sure. Young Simon acquitted himself very well as he always does with his professional approach and his accompaniment was very sensitive at all times this evening. I had a nice chat with him afterwards in between his signing autographs.

Well done Simon!
what a delightful post, and well done Simon!

if I had lived in Dublin, I promise I would have most certainly come along... organ or no organ.. ;-)
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Thank you very much for coming along, Fergus. It's always great to see a friendly face in the audience! Thank you for the kind words, just let me know where to send the cheque.
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:

Well done Simon!
Did you get one for me Fergus ;) Nice one from the Guns 'n Roses man! Or is it Metallica? Or maybe AC/DC :))))
Actually I would quite like to hear Simon perform this one....

LOL!!!
fergus

Post by fergus »

Diapason wrote:Thank you very much for coming along, Fergus. It's always great to see a friendly face in the audience! Thank you for the kind words, just let me know where to send the cheque.
You are most welcome Simon....credit where it is due!!
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:

Well done Simon!
Actually I would quite like to hear Simon perform this one....

LOL!!!
LOL :)))
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Heh. I wonder is the music available anywhere...