Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Seán

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by Seán »

Ellington's Studio recording from 1959 where nine percussionists, Dizz Gillespie, Jimmy Jones and Jimmy Rushing join his orchestra, a good time was had by all, and it shows:

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

On the TT:

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

Seán

Post by Seán »

Recommended.
Seán

Post by Seán »

Seán

Post by Seán »

Beautiful playing by Brownie.
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus

Post by fergus »

What does Mrs. Seán think of all of the jazz sounds filling the house lately or are you using your headphones Seán?
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:What does Mrs. Seán think of all of the jazz sounds filling the house lately or are you using your headphones Seán?
Hi Fergus, I think that Veronica would rather I return to my listening exclusively to Classical music, because given it's greater dynamic range, the loud sections don't last long. She has yet to complain though. I rarely use headphones these days.
The Schubert on Radio 3 has gone down well.
Last edited by Seán on Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seán

Post by Seán »

Sam Jones with the Great Dane.