What are you listening to?

fergus

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by fergus »

Jose Echenique wrote:
But a truly great recording that would complement the Karajan since it´s as different as it can possibly be, is the René Jacobs with the marvelous Concerto Köln and some superb singers.
That´s an awesome Cosi to have.

Thank you Pepe....that will be added to the List when I get home tonight!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Jose Echenique wrote: I have 32 recordings of Cosi fan Tutte, so I may choose one today and another the next day. Quite frankly I love all of them. Among my favourite sopranos who have recorded Fiordiligi are Lella Cuberli with Baremboim, Gundula Janowitz with Böhm, Irmgard Seefried with Jochum and Margaret Price with Klemperer. Teresa Berganza towers over all the mezzos in the first Solti recording.
But a truly great recording that would complement the Karajan since it´s as different as it can possibly be, is the René Jacobs with the marvelous Concerto Köln and some superb singers.

I have Karajan, Böhm and Jacobs: I love them all! Does it reveal my lack of soul to say that sound quality makes me lean towards Jacobs?
Jose Echenique

Post by Jose Echenique »

Ciaran wrote:
Jose Echenique wrote: I have 32 recordings of Cosi fan Tutte, so I may choose one today and another the next day. Quite frankly I love all of them. Among my favourite sopranos who have recorded Fiordiligi are Lella Cuberli with Baremboim, Gundula Janowitz with Böhm, Irmgard Seefried with Jochum and Margaret Price with Klemperer. Teresa Berganza towers over all the mezzos in the first Solti recording.

I have Karajan, Böhm and Jacobs: I love them all! Does it reveal my lack of soul to say that sound quality makes me lean towards Jacobs?
Absolutely not. Sound quality is all important in the enjoyment of music, and since it helps to reveal all those marvelous sounds that the Concerto Köln makes (along with the ravishing singing of Veronique Gens and Bernarda Fink), it´s only natural that sound quality is a deciding factor.
bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

fergus wrote:
bombasticDarren wrote: Image

Totally off topic but I could not help but immediately notice that the letter "Y" is in the wrong place on that "keyboard". I wonder when it was moved? [Don't mind me, it will be OK soon!]
Perhaps it's meant to be an enigma....
fergus

Post by fergus »

bombasticDarren wrote:
fergus wrote:
bombasticDarren wrote: Image

Totally off topic but I could not help but immediately notice that the letter "Y" is in the wrong place on that "keyboard". I wonder when it was moved? [Don't mind me, it will be OK soon!]
Perhaps it's meant to be an enigma....
Clever, Darren LOL!!!
bombasticDarren

Kodaly - Concerto for Orchestra (Antal Dorati, Philharmonia Hungarica, Decca)

bombasticDarren

Sibelius - Symphony No.5 (Herbert von Karajan, Berliner Philharmoniker, Deutsche Grammophon)

bombasticDarren

Nielsen - Symphony No.6 Sinfonia semplice (Colin Davis, London Symphony Orchestra, LSO Live)

bombasticDarren

Korngold - Suite The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex (Andre Previn, London Symphony Orchestra, Deutsche Grammophon)

fergus

Post by fergus »

Wonderful music beautifully played!