Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by cybot »

Seán wrote:Another one on the TT, sadly not to Dermot's liking perhaps:

You really haven't forgiven me, have you? Which was the album I played recently (before the fall!) that had a vibe player in the line out ? I actually loved that! Was it Out To Lunch with Bobby Hutcherson? BTW you really are having a ball with the Jazz stuff at the moment....All my Jazz records are upstairs which explains why I haven't played any since, you know what.....
Seán

Post by Seán »

cybot wrote:
You really haven't forgiven me, have you?
There is nothing to forgive Dermot, but I certainly have not forgotten what you said. LOL
Which was the album I played recently (before the fall!) that had a vibe player in the line out ? I actually loved that! Was it Out To Lunch with Bobby Hutcherson?
Yes, that's the one.
BTW you really are having a ball with the Jazz stuff at the moment....All my Jazz records are upstairs which explains why I haven't played any since, you know what.....
Yes I am, thank you. I have decided to spend my time listening to my Jazz collection and I am enjoying it enormously. I started collecting Jazz LPs in 1973 and I continued doing so until the mid eighties. I can remember buying very many of them and how I felt when I listened to them for the first time. I still have hundreds more to listen to and I will do so over the next few months or so.

I hope that you will soon be able to run up and down the stairs again.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Re: Jazz - What are you listening to?

Post by Seán »

On the TT, the great man plays Jazz:

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:All my Jazz records are upstairs which explains why I haven't played any since, you know what.....
Excuses, excuses!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

Seán wrote:
cybot wrote:
You really haven't forgiven me, have you?
There is nothing to forgive Dermot, but I certainly have not forgotten what you said. LOL
Which was the album I played recently (before the fall!) that had a vibe player in the line out ? I actually loved that! Was it Out To Lunch with Bobby Hutcherson?
Yes, that's the one.
BTW you really are having a ball with the Jazz stuff at the moment....All my Jazz records are upstairs which explains why I haven't played any since, you know what.....
Yes I am, thank you. I have decided to spend my time listening to my Jazz collection and I am enjoying it enormously. I started collecting Jazz LPs in 1973 and I continued doing so until the mid eighties. I can remember buying very many of them and how I felt when I listened to them for the first time. I still have hundreds more to listen to and I will do so over the next few months or so.

I hope that you will soon be able to run up and down the stairs again.
Thanks a million Séan. That's the key when you listen to your Jazz Lps now. You remember when you bought them! A whole universe of memories and the shock of how quick time has passed....sometimes the feeling is nice, other times, not so.
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:All my Jazz records are upstairs which explains why I haven't played any since, you know what.....
Excuses, excuses!!!
When she's out of the house I'll bump up backwards up the stairs. If she walks in on me I'll say you told me to do it! LOL
Seán

Post by Seán »

cybot wrote: That's the key when you listen to your Jazz Lps now. You remember when you bought them! A whole universe of memories and the shock of how quick time has passed.
That's true.
Seán

Post by Seán »

A beautiful sound picked up by the Maestro (cartridge):

Seán

Post by Seán »

At 33 and a third:
Seán

Post by Seán »

Thad Jones, Mel Lewis and The Jazz Orchestra performing music by Manuel De Sica: his First Jazz Suite and includes a tribute to his father, Italian Film Director, Vittorio De Sica.
Last edited by Seán on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.