Post by fergus »

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
mcq

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by mcq »

fergus wrote:Image
That's a great recording, Fergus. I have it as part of the big 50th Anniversary DHM box (which also includes Hengelbrock's wonderful recording of the Bach B Minor Mass as well as a host of other treasures).

Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
Jared

Post by Jared »

Hi Fergus, I would be most interested to hear what you make of this, when you get round to hearing it as the Hildegard section of my collection certainly needs expanding.
Jared

Post by Jared »

another beauty, Fergus.
Jared

Post by Jared »

as you will see from below, yesterdays charity shops were very kind:

whilst these have just been purchased for a few quid each off Amazon:

Jared

Post by Jared »

Bought in the local Oxfam for the princely sum of €0.50!
and I bet you could hunt through the charity shops of Dublin for the rest of your life, and never find another copy!!
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:
bombasticDarren wrote: I bought it to celebrate the news that I have been offered a place on my Sociology Masters course :-D
Excellent news Darren....I am delighted for you. Well done! Definitely somethig that is worth celebrating!!
I missed this one Darren (unsurprisingly!) however I'd like to add my belated, very best wishes...
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:
Hi Fergus, I would be most interested to hear what you make of this, when you get round to hearing it as the Hildegard section of my collection certainly needs expanding.
I also have the following in my collection Jared and can recommend both of them, particularly the second one....

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

Jared wrote:as you will see from below, yesterdays charity shops were very kind:

That's a sound acquisition.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

Jared wrote:
another beauty, Fergus.
Yes, I would imagine it is, the Freiburger Barackorchester are an extraordinay ensemble. I want to get as many of their recordings as I can get my hands on.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler